Sign in to follow this  

The Tecate Enduro is back for 2014!

December 6th 2014 the Los Ancianos' Tecate Enduro returns!

- Start and finish at Hacienda Santa Veronica.

- 100+ miles of challenging Single track

- Last section will include lots of extra AA fun!

- pre entry $145 USD post entry $160 USD

More details coming soon.

Now we're talkin'!

The 1st time I rode the event (after helping at check points for some years) was 1986.  I did pretty decent on a sweet little near stock xr250, something like 30th OA (which was something lame like 25th in the 250 class).

After that I thought I was pretty bad-ass so the next few years I was on trick cr250's, maybe a kx250, and my result kept getting worse every year.

I think the final year I rode the enduro, after like 6 tries, was 1997 on a KDX200.  Great bike for it but I was pretty much a wanker and i DNF'd about half way thru the 3rd and final loop.  My only DNF at Tecate.

1997 was the last enduro up 'till the most recent enduro in 2010.  I was at the other event happening that day.

So now for 2014... I dunno, maybe I'll ride with my kid for fun or maybe I'll let him do it and I'll be in the pits keeping track ;-)

Edited by BajaBoundMoto
  • Like 1

Now we're talkin'!

The 1st time I rode the event (after helping at check points for some years) was 1986.  I did pretty decent on a sweet little near stock xr250, something like 30th OA (which was something lame like 25th in the 250 class).

After that I thought I was pretty bad-ass so the next few years I was on trick cr250's, maybe a kx250, and my result kept getting worse every year.

I think the final year I rode the enduro, after like 6 tries, was 1997 on a KDX200.  Great bike for it but I was pretty much a wanker and i DNF'd about half way thru the 3rd and final loop.  My only DNF at Tecate.

1997 was the last enduro up 'till the most recent enduro in 2010.  I was at the other event happening that day.

So now for 2014... I dunno, maybe I'll ride with my kid for fun or maybe I'll let him do it and I'll be in the pits keeping track ;-)

Why not a family team? You, Jen, Grant and Chip. We need your entry money ;-)
  • Like 1

I am really looking forward to this! Been wanting to come down now for a few years for the harescramble but never made it happen. This year the timing is perfect and it's even better that it will be an Enduro! Now the question is do I ride the 400 or the new 350? Hmmm, guess I have a few months to decide. :-)

I am really looking forward to this! Been wanting to come down now for a few years for the harescramble but never made it happen. This year the timing is perfect and it's even better that it will be an Enduro! Now the question is do I ride the 400 or the new 350? Hmmm, guess I have a few months to decide. :-)

Where are you coming from? Ride the 350, you don't need HP for this race.

• Like 1

Where are you coming from? Ride the 350, you don't need HP for this race.

Coming down from Washington. I race my 400 in the woods up here as it's very forgiving but the 350 is 20lbs lighter so that would be beneficial during a long technical race. The 350 and I got into a mid-race argument on Sunday and she tossed me pretty good. Hoping that my rotator cuff is not torn and I'll be good to go for this race. I'll be bummed if I can't make it. Been looking forward to it ever since we decided to make the trek down.

KTMchick,

Glad to hear that we will see you at our Enduro in December. Without giving anything away , I can say with confidence that you will be happy that you made the decision to ride your 350 KTM in our event.

• Like 1

KTMchick,

Glad to hear that we will see you at our Enduro in December. Without giving anything away , I can say with confidence that you will be happy that you made the decision to ride your 350 KTM in our event.

I'm going to put it on my calender for sure!  I rode the last one in 2010 and pulled out after the end of the second loop.  I got severely dehydrated and was just totally gassed.  It was really cold and I over-dressed so when it got tight and technical i sweated all the water out of me and started cramping.  Rookie move.  The club provided an awesome lunch break and I thought about going out on the third loop but I knew I better listen to my body and set my pride aside before I got hurt.  The club does such an awesome job and that Tecate single track is just so epic I gotta go for it again.  I'll hydrate myself much better this time.

I sold my YZ250 two stroke (which i thought was the perfect weapon for out there) so now i'll ride my CRF450R.  I'll put on my 12T front sprocket, bark busters, rig up a coolant catch bottle and go for it!

• Like 1

I'm going to put it on my calender for sure!  I rode the last one in 2010 and pulled out after the end of the second loop.  I got severely dehydrated and was just totally gassed.  It was really cold and I over-dressed so when it got tight and technical i sweated all the water out of me and started cramping.  Rookie move.  The club provided an awesome lunch break and I thought about going out on the third loop but I knew I better listen to my body and set my pride aside before I got hurt.  The club does such an awesome job and that Tecate single track is just so epic I gotta go for it again.  I'll hydrate myself much better this time.

I sold my YZ250 two stroke (which i thought was the perfect weapon for out there) so now i'll ride my CRF450R.  I'll put on my 12T front sprocket, bark busters, rig up a coolant catch bottle and go for it!

Might as well start training now as well. :-)
  • Like 1

When and how can we sign up?

We are still getting the registration forms together and getting them ready to post on our website www.losancianos.com

The guys have been more focused on the trails, start/finish arrangements, etc. We just woke up to the fact that we need to get riders signed up. You know - paperwork always comes last ;-)

I will post here on Thumpertalk as soon as we get the info up on the web.

Edited by TecateRay

IN!

WHT KTM300XC.....

...I mean GP Motos- WHT Husqvarna TE300. Luck of the Irish, maybe we can draw minute 1 again.

What format will it be?

The flyer puts it as "National Restart‐style Scoring (Same as 2010)". So, very close to the current AMA National Enduro format.

There will be three "loops" with a gas stop and a lunch break. The race will not return to the start finish area until the end. Gas and lunch will be "on the trail". Details will be finalized later this month, but don't expect to see your pit crew during the race. The most likely scenario is that we will transport your fuel to the appropriate place and lunch will be provided for you. In 2010 MAG 7 provided mechanical support at the lunch stop, but as I said above we are still working on the details for the stops.

Hope to see you at the Enduro. Registration forms should be available within the next few weeks.

Entry forms for the Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro are now available! Go to www.losancianos.com , Enduro section, read the FAQs then print and fill out your entry. The FAQs have the info you need and should answer your questions. In the event we sell out (240 maximum riders) your post mark will be your priority. Starting position drawing will be held in November, but that is just one bit of detail that is in the FAQs.