2010 won't run of choke

Hey guys my 2010 didn't get ran for about 5 months now the bike won't run unless the choke is pulled out. Sometimes it will die when given gas. I drained the gas and replaced the fuel filter but still having the same problem. Could the injector or the fuel pump died while sitting?

Most likely carb needs a good cleaning. When bikes are sitting with gas in them for an extended period of time the gas turns to a varnish like substance in the carb. This usually blocks orfices in the carb causing it to run like crap. Get yourself a can of carb cleaner, take the carb apart and clean every inch of it being sure to spray through any orfices or passage ways you can find. Once the carb is clean drain your tank and fill it with fresh gasoline before you hook it up to the carb. You don't want any old gas getting into your cleaned carb. I had the exact same problem with my wr this year. Cleaned the carb, drained the tank and it runs better than ever! Hope this helps

Ok I'll try that tonight. I have a buddy with a extra tank I'm going to try his tank to see if maybe my fuel pump is on the way out. Could I remove the injector and clean it in any way?

I didn't even think of that anything is possible I do have a lil guy that likes to try and work on stuff. Usually just takes the seat bolts out on me. I tried another tank off my buddy's bike last night and it would die sometimes even with the idle knob pulled out. Think maybe the injector is clogged?

Auto carbs/Fi have no neoprene or rubber in them. MC's do.

If you use auto FI cleaner on a bike, be sure to flush it with gas immediately after.

You can no longer leave ANY fuel in the bike for more that two weeks unless you treat it first, or you will start corrosion all inside the fuel system, including all the rubber parts.

Edited by Kah Ran Nee

• 1 year later...