Sign in to follow this  

where do you spend your dough?

do you guys spend money on looks for a bike or on parts for improvement?

I'm currently torn between spending money on new rims and a seat cover or... stage 2 hot cams and a high compression piston or suspension springs and revalving. those are my 3 options and I just don't know what I want more!

I just would like to see what everyone else would like to spend their spare money on! thanks

I spend money on performance and then looks. Right now, I need my suspension revalved, so the zip tie plastic stays for a bit longer.

• Like 1

Correct islandlife…. Engine and performance always takes priority, but I always have a little left over for some bling. I suspect there will be a long list of the same answer…. lets move on

• Like 1

My bikes are all good enough for me, so I usually spend it all on bling. I like to ride, and if I'm gonna get faster it's gonna come with age and lots of beer. Otherwise I'm fine with an awesome looking bike and making people think I'm a bad ass!

• Like 5

Uhhh, ya they do!

yep i think monster adds what 2 hp per sheet you slap on. and redbull is pushing 3 per sticker.

honestly i would say go for suspension first, then some bling, then engine parts. Most guys are not using all the power they have anyway, so it is best to get that power to the groud, ie suspension. Then lets face it haveing a fresh graphics kit always looks good in the pits and we all know mx is as much a fashion show as a skills demo these days.

Edited by ekulb14

I spend my money on it all, first focusing on performance if needed and then looks. If anything money is the easy part, it's the time that is becoming harder and harder to come by...

• Like 2

Mmmmm, it would be broken then, it wouldn't stick! :smirk:

Only if you put it on a Japanese brand bike.

I spend it on premium 2-stroke oil.  My bike smells twice as fast as it used to.

• Like 3

Fuel, mostly.  I let my riding do the talking, not what my bike/sled looks like or what i'm wearing. 

No garage queens here.

DSC_7502_-L.jpg

And when you ride a lot, you spend a fair amount on parts for rebuilds.

IMG_20140608_143353663-L.jpg

After the bike's back together, generators are getting some love, then once those are done the sled's coming apart for a new top-end, clutch balance, and new rails.

i-kQ3xcWk-L.jpg

• Like 3