Sign in to follow this  

Radiator liquid boiling out from top cap hose

Why is this happening? 

It can be idling overheat on the stand but it wasnt happening before the rebuild. When it is warmed it starts boling the radiator liquid out of the top cap hose, not all the liquid but after shutting down the bike I have to fill it. Help!

They are real thin and they leak on the edge where the piston is and draws coolant into the combustion chamber vise versa pushes hot gas into the coolant pull the dome off you will see it on the edges or its not installed properly assume its not new

They are real thin and they leak on the edge where the piston is and draws coolant into the combustion chamber vise versa pushes hot gas into the coolant pull the dome off you will see it on the edges or its not installed properly assume its not new

Thanks, will do that and check it but There is not smoke from the boiled coolant coming off the exhaust

It would be hard to see unless you were riding and on the gas with another person behind you and they would see it amazing they will run with the head blown but will keep fouling plugs every couple of hours

Try a new rad cap and it if still boils over then buy a new head gasket And maybe its your riding? :ride:  Maybe your going to slow for the radiators to work and last check your water pump because that could also be a problem Buy a boyesen Water pump kit if your pump is bad 

It will happen if its sitting and ideling long periods of time. There is no air flowing thru the radiators to help cool, and keep temp down. It will also puke a little out if the rad is completely filled to the top of the neck. It'll push coolant out until it gets down enough to stay in. It is usually just a little above the cores on the radiator. Try it and see if it drops, then stays at that level after a ride or two. If its a headgasket, it'll surely get down to where you wont be able to see it. Im betting its not a gasket failure

Edited by wykyd450r

OK i took out the head gasket, clean it and put it back again, cleaning the surfaces and so on. Went to the track, and in the frist corner water pressuring out from the head gasket, will do all the proccess again in the time a new gasket comes in

OK i took out the head gasket, clean it and put it back again, cleaning the surfaces and so on. Went to the track, and in the frist corner water pressuring out from the head gasket, will do all the proccess again in the time a new gasket comes in

You are not suppose to reuse the head gasket. They collapse when torqued down. They SAY they will leak if reused. I reused one with no leaks. I never ran it after the first install. I did however spray 2 or 3 coats of copperseal on each side prior to reusing it. Not sure if never heating the gasket, or copperseal prevented leaks. I have used the copperseal in my built trx250r days with excellent results, on new gaskets.

Edited by wykyd450r

I got the new gasket. The compression is very low. It starts for some seconds while bubbling coolant out of the head gasket. I cleaned the surfaces . Torqued down correctly and it still leaks. Help please !

Edited by AdrianTenerife

If you have not seen what I posted in your other thread, go take a look.

IF you don't have those shouldered studs in the head (and in the right spot), the head wont be aligned properly.

Either that or your head is warped.

Sounds like you def warped the head like RBI said guess reusing a disposable gasket didn't work come to T.T. for real help not stating the obvious of why a failure occurred the first step to troubleshoot is to start with certainties get a new head gasket fix the studs us whatever spacers are required and come back to t.t. when you have the certainties accomplished

I have yet to see a warped head....I know it happens, just never seen it.

I think maybe the gasket wasn't installed right, possibly not torqued right.

You can tell a leaky head gasket by looking into the radiator top while reving the engine, you'll see the coolant bubble with each rev...very pronounced.

I'd just R&R the gasket and doubble check fitment and torque settings.

• Like 1