Sign in to follow this  

250f hp gains

Just asking out of curiosity as i am thinking of getting a 250f. one of my mates has a 2010kx450f with aftermarket exhaust and the thing flies. my other friend has a 2014 crf250. i currently ride a yz2502t and i do not want to go to a bike with jack all power so im wondering what can you do to a 250f for hp gains and what are the prices and gains from them? are exhausts actually worth getting? any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Cheers, Dale

keep your 2t. Theres a 290 kit thats popular for 250fs though...if you absolutely have brainwashed yourself into thinking youd like a 4t more.

I don't think a modern 250F will be that big of a step down from 250 two-stroke in terms of power especially since they have EFI. Your buddie's Honda 250F is the slowest stock so as long as you don't get a Honda you'll be able to pull him stock if you've got the skill to do so. Internal motor upgrades are what you'll need to substantially increase the power but you'll sacrifice reliability. You won't gain much power from an exhaust system. You really use an exhaust to change the delivery of the power rather than to increase it.

I don't like to tell people what to buy but if you're looking at a 250F to immediately upgrade for more power then why not just buy a 450?

• Like 2

^^ exactly... just get a 450... They're cake to ride in comparison to your 2t. Only down fall is smidge heavier but your torque will get rid of that feeling.

Thanks for input everyone, the reason i was thinking 250f is because i want to get into racing and i cant race 450's yet as im only 16 and the only places ive found anywhere near me need to be 18 to go in that class. sadly 250 2t stay in the 450 class here. i did a bit of testing over this weekend and it seems that id rather the 2 stroke for everything except flat long corners and jumps that you dont hit flat out. i reckon i will stick with a 2t and just wait till im older then get a newer 2t and do it up for racing. my bie specifically is a bit of a pain to ride unless your going flatchat because it doesnt have much power outside powerband at all (inside powerband is great) my old (now my sisters) 125sx has more torque than my yz would anyone happen to know why?