Cheap no name radiators

Long story short, I should have left the slighty bent bracket alone on the radiator. It has a slow seeping leak now after I bent it straight.. put some jb weld on it for now to see if it'll hold.

Anyone have any experiences with the no name cheap chinese type radiators off ebay? Go with a set of two for under 100 or mylars set for 300?

Thanks

Edited by eyedropbombz

I did a lot of research and found that all the cheapies aren't the same size as the OEM ones, so I went OEM. Scour and you can find a used OEM one for a half decent price at times.

I got a set of cheapie rads when i had my crash, bent the right one something bad... like really bad, yet it wasn't leaking? Hard to find certain OEM parts on the cheap here in the UK...

Size wise they were slightly thicker and a bit longer but the right one fitted no problem. The left radiator on the other hand Would not clear the exhaust header, and was impossible to fit.

I do have a after market exhaust, diameter measures 2" right where the rad hit the header. It might fit if you had the stock exhaust but your best bet would be to find a good, solid, used one.

The radiator that is fitted however is just as good as the OEM, no problems at all. Been fitted for almost a year!

Hope that helps  :thumbsup:

I got a set of "no-brand" radiators for about 115 bucks. turned out to be fully polished mishimoto completely welded radiators. Came with a new cap.

As said and advertised they offer about 30% better cooling so obviously they are about 30% larger, they still fit but you'll need to do some trimming and adjusting. They are definitely sturdier than oem.

You happen to have a link for it?

I got a set of "no-brand" radiators for about 115 bucks. turned out to be fully polished mishimoto completely welded radiators. Came with a new cap.

As said and advertised they offer about 30% better cooling so obviously they are about 30% larger, they still fit but you'll need to do some trimming and adjusting. They are definitely sturdier than oem.

Sorry, couldn't find any records.

This is the link to my original post, don't think the vendor carries them any longer but if you search mishimoto in TT an ad will pop up.

Edited by Rhinoracer

Long story short, I should have left the slighty bent bracket alone on the radiator. It has a slow seeping leak now after I bent it straight.. put some jb weld on it for now to see if it'll hold.

Anyone have any experiences with the no name cheap chinese type radiators off ebay? Go with a set of two for under 100 or mylars set for 300?

Thanks

Why not let Mylers fix it instead of buy new?  I've never used them but everything I've read here says the repairs are great and very reasonably priced.

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/