How does 2009/10 250 sx compare to the 11's and up bikes

Thinking of going back to a 2t . But budget dictates a 2009 or 10 bike. But if the modern generation bikes are much better, I will wait and save.

I would save. I would look for a 2011 250sx model or the more desirable 2011 250/300 xc models...

The 2011+ SX/XC's and 2012+ XC-W's have much much better aftermarket support than the older gen chassis bikes have.  You would be far better off waiting for a deal or saving a bit more to get something much better for not too much more.

Edited by motonack

Get an 11 250sx. I love mine but I have to warn you. It is psychotically fast. Even Stefan Everts Says the PDS rear suspension works better than the linkage rear end. That is why they keep changing the linkages on the new bikes.

Get an 11 250sx. I love mine but I have to warn you. It is psychotically fast. Even Stefan Everts Says the PDS rear suspension works better than the linkage rear end. That is why they keep changing the linkages on the new bikes.

KTM has ran the same exact linkage system on their bikes since they reintroduced it in 2011. It is being updated for the first time since then this year for the 2015's...

KTM has ran the same exact linkage system on their bikes since they reintroduced it in 2011. It is being updated for the first time since then this year for the 2015's...

There are 10 or 15 companies that make different linkages for those bikes for a reason. They just don't work as good as the PDS rear end does.

I have a 2007 and 2013 250sx. Run lap times within a second of eachother on each. Although I like the '13 more, I would buy the bike that was a better deal.

Edited by JRS7192

There are 10 or 15 companies that make different linkages for those bikes for a reason. They just don't work as good as the PDS rear end does.

Same goes to every other major brand.  You stated that KTM changed their linkage, when infact this is the first time they are changing it since they reintroduced it for the 2011 SX/XC models.

Edited by motonack