Sign in to follow this  

California Night Ride Friday 7/25/14 Apple Valley

Start 7PM, return when we're over it.  Must have good lights with working tail light and brake light., Race quality or damn near race quality head light is best. Local area desert ride. Apple Valley, Oro Grande, Helendale, Shadow Mountain. Plenty of tent space for overnighters on a nice lawn in my back yard. Post ride campfire and drinks no problem.

Edited by MojaveMutt

Start 7PM, return when we're over it.  Must have good lights with working tail light and brake light., Race quality or damn near race quality head light is best. Local area desert ride. Apple Valley, Oro Grande, Helendale, Shadow Mountain. Plenty of tent space for overnighters on a nice lawn in my back yard. Post ride campfire and drinks no problem.

i've got an email out to a couple guys in hysteria, maybe we can add three to your group....

pm me your contact info, if ya would.... mike is probably staying up in kennedy meadows for

a week, but tracy should be back tomorrow evening....

randy

Start 7PM, return when we're over it. Must have good lights with working tail light and brake light., Race quality or damn near race quality head light is best. Local area desert ride. Apple Valley, Oro Grande, Helendale, Shadow Mountain. Plenty of tent space for overnighters on a nice lawn in my back yard. Post ride campfire and drinks no problem.

Would like to get in on this ride but I only have stock headlight. Need to get some BD lights night rides would be epic

Thanks for responding Jonesy. Good call on your part. Night riding is no BS, wimpy lights will get you hurt. I know because I'm a long time KTM rider and their lights have always blown on the pre EFI bikes. Nice LED or HID are plug and play with the new EFI bikes . Any other brand and you need a stator rewind to get what you pay for out of a good lighting system. I run a BD Squadron on my 500EXC, plenty of lighting open desert trails and washes. Single track riding well after dark in the local hills is really disorienting and I 've been riding those trails for 35 years. Its a whole new animal after dark.

I had a 10" rigid led on my WR, I loved it. My 450 Curently has a trail tech x2 torch on it, and I don't think it's enough to run with the Mohave mutt at night.

I had a 10" rigid led on my WR, I loved it. My 450 Curently has a trail tech x2 torch on it, and I don't think it's enough to run with the Mohave mutt at night.

I'm more of a walker at night.  And it's Mojave, just like the desert. My wife is a retired teacher, and as you know we're just down the street. Only if you need help with spellin.....   Torches are fer runnin Fraknenstine outta town. This is 2014 for shit sakes, get an AR.

I'm more of a walker at night.  And it's Mojave, just like the desert. My wife is a retired teacher, and as you know we're just down the street. Only if you need help with spellin.....   Torches are fer runnin Fraknenstine outta town. This is 2014 for shit sakes, get an AR.

You need to stop Hangin out with Blais, his one liners are rubbing off

I only lowered my self to beggin for someone to ride with me at night because it's pretty obvious I can't whoop Rico's big country ass in daylight.

I only lowered my self to beggin for someone to ride with me at night because it's pretty obvious I can't whoop Rico's big country ass in daylight.

You might be getting old, but your lies are still fresh.

• Like 1

You might be getting old, but your lies are still fresh.

You guys still riding tomorrow evening ? I probably have to work OT, but things change.

You guys still riding tomorrow evening ? I probably have to work OT, but things change.

Nobody wants to ride with me either.

When I pick up my bike from Blais on Thursday I'm gonna take off the forks and shock and swap them back over to the 450 and ride your Friday night ride.

I just texted Happytrails and told him, he said I was a &%$#@!, but he understood.

Thursday is off ?

Kory told me you guys were riding am, which leaves me out. I figured I'm gonna go with the forsure thing, not that I don't care about you guys, Glenn begged, can you top that?

Lightn, am i reading that you are daryling the pilates ride? Or are you bringing the 450, if so that may be worse than faking

:smirk:

Got a better offer, I'm upgrading. I'm kind of a big deal.

Kory told me you guys were riding am, which leaves me out. I figured I'm gonna go with the forsure thing, not that I don't care about you guys, Glenn begged, can you top that?

Yeah, but I said there is a strong possibility of making this ride also since I'm gonna be out there anyway. Jeez. I can understand though cause I believe Mutt is a legend. Hehehe

Yeah, but I said there is a strong possibility of making this ride also since I'm gonna be out there anyway. Jeez. I can understand though cause I believe Mutt is a legend. Hehehe

I can still ride Thursday night if you two mortals want to see greatness that is known as the 200. But I do have to flake on the Saturday ride in the utes.

Glenn won't quit till the tanks are dry. I will be sleeping in on Saturday.

I can still ride Thursday night if you two mortals want to see greatness that is known as the 200. But I do have to flake on the Saturday ride in the utes.

Glenn won't quit till the tanks are dry. I will be sleeping in on Saturday.

Beautifull-cat-cats-14749885-1600-1200.j