Air Filter

What is a good air filter for the DRZ, not interested in K&N.

Free flow is important but I am looking for one that hold up well to being cleaned.

There are so many to choose from its hard to know which one flows well and captures crap.

What's wrong with no-toil?

What's wrong with no-toil?

its biodegradeable filter oil, Belray is not, less effected by time, moisture ect. There's been a few reports of filtration not as good and getting dusting inside of airboots.

Many run it, and there filters, Im just giving my view of many years and a lot of oem and twin airs with Belray.

its biodegradeable filter oil, Belray is not, less effected by time, moisture ect. There's been a few reports of filtration not as good and getting dusting inside of airboots.

Many run it, and there filters, Im just giving my view of many years and a lot of oem and twin airs with Belray.

ok, interesting. Only reason why I run them is because there super easy to clean. I haven't got one yet for the DRZ, I may just get a UNI, I like those too just messy to clean and oil up. Actually probably won't get anything until my stock one doesn't look good lol

ok, interesting. Only reason why I run them is because there super easy to clean. I haven't got one yet for the DRZ, I may just get a UNI, I like those too just messy to clean and oil up. Actually probably won't get anything until my stock one doesn't look good lol

Uni has the grease groove, so you have to run grease cause it has a huge open channel in the filter base. If you have a good mechanical seal on the filter base with a normal filter, nothing will get through the belray, its super tacky, you don't need grease. alternate would be like a pj1 oil, I used to like Honda filter oil many years ago, till they changed it to a more epa friendly crap, it no longer had the same quality. Last time I reviewed the Uni, I just didn't like the quality of its filter(seamed more (pourous) in comparison to oem and twin air.

Cleaning procedure, I normally, set up a bucket with dish soap. quickly douse the filter with a little stale gas to break down the oil,then immediately submerge the filter in the bucket of soapy water. then take to the sink and thoroughly clean with water and dish soap. Let air dry, and then hose with filter oil. let sit for a minute, then take paper towels and squeeze every bit of oil that you can get out. Ready for install.

Edited by Spud786

I run a Twin Air and NoToil filter, both are of good quality... though the Twin Air has two foam layers (course and finer).

I also use the NoToil bio oil, easy to apply and even easier to clean. I haven't seen any dirt past the filter yet. I do not ride in super dusty conditions for the most part either.

• Like 2