drain bolt problem

i recently purchased a 1999 yz125 and decided to change the engine oil as an instinct, but after i put the drain bolt back on it started to leak oil so i left it for a week because we went on vacation, i came back to notice a pool of fresh oil on the floor, so i go to take out the drain bolt and i tried everything but it wont budge ( its possibly seized ) any advice on how i would go about trying to fix this?

Edited by Alby9

If it's on that tight that you can't easily get it off, yet it is still leaking oil, I fear it will be more complicated than simply replacing the drain bolt.  The threads in the cases are probably messed up and will need to be repaired.

If it's on that tight that you can't easily get it off, yet it is still leaking oil, I fear it will be more complicated than simply replacing the drain bolt. The threads in the cases are probably messed up and will need to be repaired.

i hope that the problem may be that i broke the washer ( or it fell off when i changed the oil) and thats why its leaking but if not could you tap the housing to a bigger thread?

This, sounds like you didn't put a new drain bolt washer on, and also cross threaded the drain bolt.

Sounds like you cross threaded the bolt, probably gonna need a heli-coil..

if its cross threaded, can i take an alternative route besides buying a new case? like something along the lines of fairly cheap but it needs to be reliable. like can i fill in the hole a re-drill and re-tap.. idk just need some solutions PS Doesn't matter on the difficulty of the job, my dad is a diesel mechanic and is giving me a hand with everything