2009 crf450r no power

Well long story, i was at a race yesterday and the bike lost all its pull. got to the point a 125 could have probably beat it. It was fine for the first half a lap or so and then it slowly started getting worse and then finally on the 3rd lap it got to the point it would hardly accelerate in 2nd or 3rd gear and even backfired over a few jumps. The bike has 50 some hours on it and this is the only real problem i have ever had with it, other than a couple rides ago i checked the oil and it was overflowing so i changed it and haven't had the problem again. but I'm changing the injector (be here Thursday) cause I'm almost positive thats why it filled up. Do you guys think that the lack of power is also related to the injector, or is it possibly a weak fuel pump and/or clogged fuel filter?

Thanks!

Why would you buy an injector, then ask what it could be? That's kind of backwards isn't it? It sounds like the fuel filter anyways, does it have the updated pump?

I would check the fuel filter before buying a new injector..

Fuel filter, had the same issue and the filter fixed it.

Your likely going to have problems with the bottom end after running it with the highly diluted oil in the crank case. watch it carfully during oil changes and cut your oil filter apart and look for copper from the rod bearing cage .

Why would you buy an injector, then ask what it could be? That's kind of backwards isn't it? It sounds like the fuel filter anyways, does it have the updated pump?

he said his crank case was full of fuel.....

The lack of power could have been because it was wildly rich, because the bottom end was full of fuel. Ron is on point with the bottom end problems or possibility of them because of the diluted oil. The gas kills the oils ability to lubricate. If it were me, Id change the oil a couple times to really flush the bottom end and then keep an eagle eye on the contents of the oil when drained. Also cutting that oil filter open is key. Many times the debris can also be sitting in the filter cavity too.