CR250 Jetting for Taylor Park CO.

In about a month I'm going on a group ride at Taylor Park Reservoir Colorado, which has an elevation of 9400ft (roughly), I live/ride in Southern Missouri with an elevation of 1,100ft. 

My question is what am I going to need to do to my carb to jet it properly? My carb is bone stock with needles and jets, the only thing I have adjusted are the idle screw. 

So I pretty much have no experience with carburetors, anyone have a simple guide to go by for that elevation, I'd like to avoid buying to JD Kit if possible, and just buy the exact jet and needle I need. Thanks

Edited by CR250_182

You would be well advised that in this next month, learn how to tune a carb. You've been riding with stock jetting all this time and have never even learned to tune the air screw. And now you want to run off to the high elevations of Taylor Park.

Hook up with someone in your group that knows how to tune and take notes. Take lots of spark plugs with you.

You would be well advised that in this next month, learn how to tune a carb. You've been riding with stock jetting all this time and have never even learned to tune the air screw. And now you want to run off to the high elevations of Taylor Park.

Hook up with someone in your group that knows how to tune and take notes. Take lots of spark plugs with you.

I've done simple tuning like the air screw, I've just never physically opened to carb to replace the jets or needles 

Ok then, I would suggest starting with going 5 sizes smaller on the main and pilot. Another way is to remove the jets sometime in the next month and see what sizes they are. Then use a jetting charts correction factors for the elevation and temperature of the area you're going to to determine jet sizes to get.

Example: If you currently had a 170 main and you're going to 9800' elevation, the correction factor is around .90 - .92. 170 x .92 = 156.4. Closest jet size to that is a 155.

Edited by Trailryder42