Sign in to follow this  

Fine carb tuning

Okay so I recently put the jd jetting air striker carb on my 02 cr250 I've been tinkering with it for a couple weeks now and can't really dial it in perfect I have it just about right. All the way up to full throttle goes smooth but it seems to flatline at the top and gets a little rough idle and up to half seems good am I running to rich or to lean

Okay so I recently put the jd jetting air striker carb on my 02 cr250 I've been tinkering with it for a couple weeks now and can't really dial it in perfect I have it just about right. All the way up to full throttle goes smooth but it seems to flatline at the top and gets a little rough idle and up to half seems good am I running to rich or to lean

The descriptive terms you use to describe the running problem are not consistent, and are also contradictory.

You must use throttle opening position along with rpm at the time, to have it make sense to anyone but yourself.

WOT with dead top end is either too small of a main jet, or ONE MILLION OTHER THINGS.

Porting

Reeds

Gas

Plug

Plug wire

Pipe dings

etc etc