Sign in to follow this  

Perelli Diablo Rosso II

I am thinking of putting these on my Drz400sm. I found a pair for a good price at the OE size. 120/70/17 H rated and 140/70/17 H rated.

I can order the following at additional time and cost: 120/70/17 W rated and 150/60/17 W rated.

Is it worth paying the extra for the W rated tires. I will never exceed the H speed limit. Will the W speed tires handle better. I am leaning toward the H tires as they are cheaper and OE size. However I am willing to go the extra for the W tires if they will make a bigger difference.

I just ran the stock size rear rosso 11. Liked the tire got about 2700 miles before I had to replace it.

I just ran the stock size rear rosso 11. Liked the tire got about 2700 miles before I had to replace it.

Thanks. I got a great price on tires and install so I will go that way.

I have them on my bike - stock size. I've never tried the 150 rear so I can't offer a comparison although I can say the stock size ones are great. H rated is fine as well.

i have the Diablo Rosso IIs on my bike as well.  They are the H rated.

I'm going to assume the W rated ones are for bikes that go ALOT faster than ours.   :smirk:

You are perfectly fine with the H rated tires.  I am really happy with these tires.  They grip very very well.

Stick to the 140 in the rear to avoid any complications.  I had a 150 on the back prior to this 140, and the 140 is more responsive going from side to side.

12551864035_568a4d372e_c.jpg

Edited by jreed1337
  • Like 2

unless your pulling massive lean angles the 150 is not needed,its all i've ever used but i would really like to try the 140

I ended up with the 120 front and 150 rear. This what they had in stock. The grip is really nice. They turn in a little slower then the dunlops but the traction is great. Very confidence inspiring.

• Like 1