Sign in to follow this  

1992 DR350S Build

Just wanted to post a quick build thread for my DR350S. Picked it up for $1000 off a coworker, started tearing it apart almost immediately. Did a tune up, valves, plug etc.

All I've done is update the plastics so it doesn't look as much like grandpa's enduro. Clean up the wiring, lighten up the rear majorly by removing the stock fender and support garbage. Also removed the battery and made up a set of capacitors, I think they were two 50V 5600uF, don't remember covered in plastidip now.

Also got a DG exhaust on back order waiting to come in.

Future plans include riding the piss out of it and fixing stuff as it breaks. Comments, suggestions, all feedback welcome!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh I also need new tires and riding pants. Thinking some Kenda K760's, pretty cheap online.

Finished zip tying and cleaning up the wiring. Everything works, capacitors keeping the power steady for everything even at idle. Side panels are mounted, not 100% but good enough to ride. Had the bike sitting at my parents now for 3 weeks and itching to ride it now! Hopefully gonna plate it tomorrow!

I'm thinking I might plastidip the side panels and headlight shroud black.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Went out for a rip last night! Bike rides great! A little wobbly with the tires. Gonna mount some Kenda's up soon, should I balance them or is there pretty much no point with an aggressive knobby?