Sign in to follow this  

Factory Service Manual

That pdf file leaves a little to be desired, if it's the one I've seen. I still like paper

The pdf is an illegal copy. Because people try to rip off copies, the actual legal copy becomes more expensive for legitimate buyers. TT absolutely does not condone illegal file sharing.

• Like 3

Buy a legit factory manual with the updates (E/S/SM), correct the known errors in it (torque values), put each page into page protectors, then put all that and your tuning and adjustment notes in a 3 ring binder. Search around a bit - I scored my updated manual from a fellow TT member for 30 bucks delivered.

• Like 1

or just google the pdf file and boom you got it.   welcome to the year 2014 lol 

Yes, thanks, I did that years ago before I bought the bike for research. Every copy I've gotten has been crap quality, missing pages, or out-of-date.

That pdf file leaves a little to be desired, if it's the one I've seen. I still like paper

Ditto.

The pdf is an illegal copy. Because people try to rip off copies, the actual legal copy becomes more expensive for legitimate buyers. TT absolutely does not condone illegal file sharing.

Exactly.

Buy a legit factory manual with the updates (E/S/SM), correct the known errors in it (torque values), put each page into page protectors, then put all that and your tuning and adjustment notes in a 3 ring binder. Search around a bit - I scored my updated manual from a fellow TT member for 30 bucks delivered.

This is exactly what I want to do. However I saw this post:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/965041-drz400-engine-sprocket-nut-torque-confusion/?hl=%2099500#820843092

Which looks like he got a new version of the manual with corrected values already printed. This is exactly the version I'm looking for, but not sure if it's legit.

Do due diligence. With any unknown internet seller, I look for a mailing address and telephone number. I found none for that site.

Buy the manual from the dealer.

This is really good advice. Thank you. Looks like I'll be saving up $80!

If a dealer orders you a manual, yo will get the most updated one. Just like you would if there was a parts superceding. The only time that  ight not happen is if the dealer has the part in stock or the part just was updated and old stock is not rotated out. The DRZ manual is a single book for all years and and simply has addemdum pages in most cases for changes.

Are there separate manuals for the E and S/SM? According to the guy I'm ordering from, there are 2 different part numbers.

Do due diligence, I have not made a purchase so can not vouch for them

Thanks, I was assuming you had.