Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse EXP

Really interested in putting a rekluse in my 08 450 XCR-W. The standard EXP clutch can be found for $499 while the whole CORE kit goes for $899. Wondering what difference the inner clutch basket and pressure plate and new steel drive plates really make. I know the new clutch cover is only neccessary because of its' increased depth. Most likley due to thicker steel drive plates.

I only ride as a hobby and not for a living so I don't see the need to break the bank.

Anyone have a rekluse they are happy or not so happy with? Thanks!  

• Like 1

I love the EXP 2.0 in my 500. The 3.0 is supposed to be better as well. I've read that the 450's do fine with the EXP but the 500 are bet better off with the Core.

KTMPete,

Thanks for the insight. I am leaning towards just the standard clutch kit due to cash constraints but I need it to do what I want.

they take a little getting used to. Like climbing a hill and the motor starts to slow down, you want to reach for the clutch to start slipping it, but the Rekluse will take over and do it for you, but it takes a few rides to overcome your habits of clutching.

I wish there were more hills, but in Northeast Florida the landscape is very flat. Just took up trail riding after over 20 years on sport bikes. I think dodging trees in tight quarters will be much easier with the rekluse. My clutch hand was worn out last Sunday. Am I on the right track looking for it to help me with tight trails? I did read that you can run a gear high with no issues. My 450 can barely get out of 1st on the tree lined trails I ride, and we all know how twitchy 1st gear is. Thanks for the insight.

Edited by Warrant

you can run a gear high, but to do this the Rekluse slips...slip means heat in the clutch which will lead to many other issues if the slip is too much...I used mine to ride a gear high often so Im not saying dont do it, just be aware of the possibility of excess heat.

The only real problem I had was hitting the rear brake to do a corner-a brake slide- if the timing wasnt right in getting off the gas before hitting the rear brake I would sometimes stall the motor and no bump start with the Rekluse.

A Rekluse will be just what your looking for. It will make tight single track much easier, faster and more fun!!

The difference is the Core comes with a new inner hub which is taller and allows for all frictions to be reused rather than removing some to make space for the EXP disk like with the EXP kit. Their steel plates are redesigned for better cooling and oil flow. The steel plates arent thicker, the added depth is to make space for the EXP disk without removing frictions, only 1 friction is removed but the EXP disk takes place of it, so acutally the CORE EXP is same as stock with reference to amount of frictions and steel disks.