2001 WR250F Rear Master Cylinder Cracked/bone dry

Pardon my ignorance, but if it is listed somewhere else, please by all means send me in the right direction.

The previous owner of the bike had apparently not taken very good care of the bike. When I took ownership, the first thing I noticed was that the rear master cylinder had a bunch of tiny micro stress cracks on/in it. It was barely holding on to the frame as it was anyway. I went to the local Yammy place and picked up a new master cylinder. I have it on the bike. Now, here is where I have no clue what to do next. I know that I need some DOT 4 brake fluid, but I can't simply just open up the top, and pour it in there. I am thinking that a brake bleed is necessary as there might be air in the lines. Suggestions, tips, websites, diagrams??? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Really? No advice or tips?

I am not sure what answers you looking for, sounds like you are on the right track withbtake the top off and put some fluid in it, oump the brake lever ans see if it brings up oressure, ir it does not, then you will need to bleed it......just like you said. Have a go fella! Let us know when you have a real problem.

I am not sure what answers you looking for, sounds like you are on the right track with _take the top off and put some fluid in it, pump the brake lever and see if it brings up pressure, if it does not, then you will need to bleed it......just like you said. Have a go fella! Let us know when you have a real problem.

Push DOT 4 brake fluid from the caliper to the master cylinder to make the initial filling and bleeding easier.

Open the caliper bleed screw, attach some apparatus that can force fluid through a small hose to the open bleed screw, and push fluid up to the master cylinder.

Then, close the caliper bleed screw, remove your apparatus, and start bleeding as usual.

Something like this works for pushing fluid:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/53326/i/progressive-suspension-fork-oil-level-kit