Experience with Motion Pro cables?

I am unable to purchase an OEM clutch cable for my son's '94 since the part is obsolete. I ordered a Motion Pro replacement, and should have it tomorrow morning.

I am just wondering what are people's experience with the quality of these cables? My experience with Motion Pro levers has been that they are junk...lol.

I am unable to purchase an OEM clutch cable for my son's '94 since the part is obsolete. I ordered a Motion Pro replacement, and should have it tomorrow morning.

I am just wondering what are people's experience with the quality of these cables? My experience with Motion Pro levers has been that they are junk...lol.

I've had good luck with them and I'm on the clutch constantly

• Like 2

I think they're great. 

Did a custom design for my old sled, got rid of some fusterclucky stuff Polaris did with the throttle body/oil pump.  Pretty much "I need this, like this, this long, with these ends, that does this, and fits this", "okay that'll be $40 each."  "u srs?  shit, i'll take two for that price."

And a week later they were on my front porch, fit like a glove, and I never needed the second one. 

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for your responses ? It sounds unanimous that this is a superior product. I thought the cable was fairly priced too at $22. Given the positive reviews I have read here I'll refrain from purchasing a back-up cable for now. Been trying to encourage the boy to work and save his money for a more appropriate woods bike, such as a KDX 200/220 or 200xc-w. So with any luck his '94 kx-125 won't see another clutch cable while in our possession...lol.

Hopefully the cable will be at the Honda dealer this morning and I'll have it installed and have the boy mobile some time later today.

Ok....got the cable, right on time as promised, as always. Feels like quality for sure! My regular parts guy at the Honda dealer gave me 10% off, so $21 and change. No wonder I go to him for everything aftermarket....wether it's Kawi, ktm, Honda, or Polaris, he's the man!!!

The Kawi dealer had the attitude that there's no more cables available in the world, and I should scrap the 1994 motorcycle because their little computer said "obsolete"....should have known to avoid them....lol. They really are in the wrong business, and apparently the owner is at his witt's end with his employees......downside of a strong economy I guess, good people are hard to come by...

Anyhow....here's the cable. Looks really good ?. We'll see how it fits later today:

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406144676.087948.jpg

• Like 1

Put a motion pro on one of my xr 400's last week. perfect fitment  have had 4 rides on it and only adjusted at the lever one time on first ride and it has stayed right where I like it since. With three of the xr's I will order another as that was my spare that I have had on hand for awhile.

• 6 months later...

Thank you everyone for your responses ? It sounds unanimous that this is a superior product. I thought the cable was fairly priced too at $22. Given the positive reviews I have read here I'll refrain from purchasing a back-up cable for now. Been trying to encourage the boy to work and save his money for a more appropriate woods bike, such as a KDX 200/220 or 200xc-w. So with any luck his '94 kx-125 won't see another clutch cable while in our possession...lol.

Hopefully the cable will be at the Honda dealer this morning and I'll have it installed and have the boy mobile some time later today.

Did you get the MP Terminator cable?  It's over twice the price as the other cable that's $11.99, I need one for my CR 500 AF.  JW if spending $26 vs $12 is worth it for what you get.. better quality?  I dunno

Did you get the MP Terminator cable?  It's over twice the price as the other cable that's $11.99, I need one for my CR 500 AF.  JW if spending $26 vs $12 is worth it for what you get.. better quality?  I dunno

It's been a little while, so I forget which cable I bought. It was $22, which means down there it's probably around $12. That said I will hazard a guess I don't have the terminator cable. The cable I bought is of extremely good quality, and I would be willing to bet it will hold up for years on the boy's 125...

• Like 1

I think they're great. 

Did a custom design for my old sled, got rid of some fusterclucky stuff Polaris did with the throttle body/oil pump.  Pretty much "I need this, like this, this long, with these ends, that does this, and fits this", "okay that'll be $40 each."  "u srs?  shit, i'll take two for that price."

And a week later they were on my front porch, fit like a glove, and I never needed the second one. 

What? They quoted me $85 to make a cable for my WR! At that price I can't pull the trigger, but for $40 it would already be on my bike.