Sign in to follow this  

XR250R parts compatibility

Well guys ive been doing tons of research lately trying to figure out what parts fit what and others that are universal but im not finding a whole lot soooo i figured id start this.. I have a 94 xr250r and i need a ton of parts like seat, tank, muffler, rear rim and brake assembly, number plates and a bunch of hardware thats just for starts. Anyway i have the opportunity to buy a 84 xr250 parts bike and i was wondering if my 94 motor would bolt to it and if so what mods would i have to make? Or would the 84 plastics, seat, tank, muffler and what not bolt to my 94 frame? any input would be appreciated!  

1986-1995 are mostly interchange-able.   For completely interchange of parts - your '94 is identical to anything between model years 1991-1995.  (and very, very similar to 1990 as well...)

1984 would not be a good choice as a donor for parts for your bike.

And the '94 is far superior to the '84 - rear disk brake, etc.   So you are better off fixing up your '94 versus going towards the '84...  

jeff

Edited by oregon_rider

Im in the midst of that now but whoever had this bike before they decided to steal the oem wheel and replace it with an earlier model xr200 wheel with a drum and they took the whole rear brake assembly with it, side covers, muffler, seat and tank. So im kinda up shit creek so to speak lol.. If i buy off of ebay everything im missing is gonna run me a pretty penny but if i want original i gotta do it.. On the plus side they completely rebuilt the top end i just need all cosmetics. Soooo heres hopes of finding an early 90's parts bike.

Edited by Monkeywrench13