right, I am about to cut my wrist

I have searched and searched for the ACTUAL length for the throttle stop screw mod for 08 wr250 here in NZ.

I cant stand statements such as "about this" or "about that" this is 2014, what is the actual measured length.

What I am not interested in, is 789965 people replying with..... "about 1 inch", " a whisker under 1", "about 25 mm", Christ guys, this is 2014, everyone owns a vernier, I want a measurement, nothing more nothing less close to exact, I don't care about " my 06 has this length and may be the same as 08", or "my rmz has the same carb and it's about ....this long"  I want only 1 exact measurement for 08 carb, or I will hurt myself

Can you feel my frustration??

I have cut mine down to 23.5 mm overall and still seems to need another mm or 2 off it to allow my pen marks on the body and pulley to go full travel...

I have yet to be at a point were i have had my throtte twisted to the max...i will hit the rev limiter well before i hit the shorter throttle stop...

Not sure about your measurement technique, what you are trying to achieve is to be able to move the slide up and completely open up the throttle body. Once you achieve that you are getting maximum airflow ....... maximum acceleration..... and maximum throttle opening. Any further twist you get to reach the stop is wasted.

I have searched and searched for the ACTUAL length for the throttle stop screw mod for 08 wr250 here in NZ.

I cant stand statements such as "about this" or "about that" this is 2014, what is the actual measured length.

What I am not interested in, is 789965 people replying with..... "about 1 inch", " a whisker under 1", "about 25 mm", Christ guys, this is 2014, everyone owns a vernier, I want a measurement, nothing more nothing less close to exact, I don't care about " my 06 has this length and may be the same as 08", or "my rmz has the same carb and it's about ....this long"  I want only 1 exact measurement for 08 carb, or I will hurt myself

Can you feel my frustration??

I have cut mine down to 23.5 mm overall and still seems to need another mm or 2 off it to allow my pen marks on the body and pulley to go full travel...

You didn't search very hard...   the exact measurement has been posted over and over in multiple forums.   People have

put the YZ throttle stop into calipers and posted up with the number you seek.

In the time it took you to post your attitude-laden diatribe you probably could have found it.

Exactly .054 cubits.

Picked a used WR250f last week and have been perusing cost effective mods myself.  Ordered a YZ250 throttle stop screw, but learned today that its backordered. Found a post from 2001 that recommended...if one is looking for the optimum length for the screw...to back out the existing long screw incrementally and twist the throttle.  When the slide disappears from the carb throat, measure how far the screw is back out.  Cut that amount off the screw tip.  Optimum length. Haven't done it yet, but makes good sense.

About 1/12th of a foot...

Remember it's "down the street, not across the way".

depends on if you pack a lunch or ride the bus to school.