Considering a 690 Enduro R

Anti-vibe bar risers are my next purchase.

Yep, got the Scotts damper on order with the rubber isolators for the bars. Buddy has one on his 690 and says no bar vibes at all.. We will see..

This is the first bike I have ever owned that bar vibes were an issue.

• 1 month later...

Just an addition, the 690 ' s single track ability is more of an opinion I think. I've noticed some saying it's not good in single track, but I love mine in single track. I'd have issues on some of the nastiest stuff I've done on the 300, but it wasn't easy on the 300 either. I've ridden it places I never thought I would and had a blast the whole time.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently own a 690E stripped down for high speed desert and trails but still street legal (barely). It is the worst big bore single track bike I've ever owned. Both the XR650R and XR600R will handle single track better. The 690 is a very stiff (thanks trellis frame), long and heavy feeling bike with limited steering lock (even the new models aren't that good. the 2008 is VERY limited). If you plan to do very small bits of single track it will do but this bike is more of a fast road, fast double track type bike. 

Given that...it has the best single cylinder motor I've ridden. Following closely by the Husky (2006-2009) TE610 motor. 

I have the steering stops ran all the way in and steering is no issue. The way the stops were set from the factory almost caused me to crash a few times the first time I got on trails. I've never ridden either of the XR's but if the 690 is that terrible compared to them, I'd like to try them.