Sign in to follow this  

California KTM 200 Roach Bike?

I was over at Blais Racing tonight. Saw some nasty ass dirty KTM 200 on the grass that one of the hired techs was bitching about having to clean before performing the magic carpet mods. Word on the street is that Chris hands over the un clean machinery to a couple of homeless &%$#@!s he picks up at Ranchero/ 18 to "get them dialed".  Could this bike belong to TT's newest 50 Caliber Homo, Rico? Please advise ASAP.

• Like 2

That's a Darn rocket you were Lookin at!

These modifications were suposed to be top secret race stuff!

I guess the alarm wasn't working at Chris's shop, you slipped in.

• Like 2

Rich is defined on how much a guy rides, I'm trying to be the richest!

HA HA   I squeeze all the secrets outta him.  A 63 year grandpa can be pretty intimidating.

• Like 1

Seriously, for $2500 I was impressed. But I figure you paid $5500 for real. But rich is rich....

Wait a minute, did Chris have you wash my bike? I ain't paying for that!

Seriously, for $2500 I was impressed. But I figure you paid $5500 for real. But rich is rich....

I'm probably gonna pay that to get it out of his shop after you were there

HA HA   I squeeze all the secrets outta him.  A 63 year grandpa can be pretty intimidating.

Everytime I talk about some secret stuff I ran across he laughs and says, yea that's a ok spot

• Like 1

Wait a minute, did Chris have you wash my bike? I ain't paying for that!

No That didn't happen. But I did have to pick up and carry a 450 motor from the shop to their camper for the boss ladys so called friend. The respect for seniors aint what it used to be.

Edited by MojaveMutt

It might be roach, but it has race numbers... Ricks going to race this year!!! He told me so.. Do the euro scramble at /X rick, ill be at the bar waiting for you, 1st rounds on me

Good thing Rick runs Bibs.  Shamrocks Euro is notorious for record number of flats.  That area is really boney.

You use them Glenn  ?  I've had such great luck with UHD I've never tried Bibs.  I need to ride Ricks bike one of these days and check them out.

Only reason to run Bibs is to not DNF. For what most of us do, the UHD tubes work 99% of the time without a flat. 

I was over at Blais Racing tonight. Saw some nasty ass dirty KTM 200 on the grass that one of the hired techs was bitching about having to clean before performing the magic carpet mods. Word on the street is that Chris hands over the un clean machinery to a couple of homeless &%$#@!s he picks up at Ranchero/ 18 to "get them dialed".  Could this bike belong to TT's newest 50 Caliber Homo, Rico? Please advise ASAP.

Magic Carpet Mods? That sounds like the suspension mod that Javier used to do for the guys that liked the cushy pillow ride. That's a drag when someone brings in a bike that's filthy for someone to work on.

You use them Glenn  ?  I've had such great luck with UHD I've never tried Bibs.  I need to ride Ricks bike one of these days and check them out.

No Bibs for me.  I always run UHD, pretty rare for me to get a flat on the trail . Most of my flats occur when mounting tires :lol:  

Bibs are mandatory when you get to the upper levels of off road racing. My son runs them, they aint cheap.

Magic Carpet Mods? That sounds like the suspension mod that Javier used to do for the guys that liked the cushy pillow ride. That's a drag when someone brings in a bike that's filthy for someone to work on.

I was joking, Rico's bike was fine.   Javi's  Magic Carpet Ride revalve was the same as his regular revalve. He just charged.$ 500 more for the fancy name.

• Like 3

You use them Glenn ? I've had such great luck with UHD I've never tried Bibs. I need to ride Ricks bike one of these days and check them out.

You can try mine if you like, the ones that I'm running are broken in real nice and have a good feel to them. I'm not in any upper level but I would swear by them. Been running them since March and I have nothing but good to say. The obvious is no flats, riding rough rocky square edges doesn't draw my attention to avoidance rather just plowing right through, to me that's the biggest benefit. Also I don't have to carry any tire changing tools which makes me lighter and less top heavy feeling, and lastly they are easier to put on a wheel than a hd tube cause you're not worried about pinching any tube. With a stiff tire they are great and I don't think I will use anything else. Just my 2 cents. :huh: Edited by KDY
  • Like 3