Ride Reports (CRF250L/M)

Since we have a thread about NOT riding your bike, LOL, then how about a thread to share pictures, and videos of your rides, espescially feed back about mods, or even discuss scenic trails etc.

I normally share this in my own thread but I want to hear stories of your rides so bring it on.

I want to see a picture of eyeopenher's bike on the beach right before the cops show up.

Here is something old just to get the ball rolling

Edited by Positron007

I chucked on my 13 tooth sprocket today and went for a ride, man what a difference I can Wheelie her so much easier now. :ride:

Keen to upload some clips once my bike is off the stand; awaiting my megabomb headers and ejk I got the dates wrong and prematurely removed stock headers and made room for wring, positron I have been told your aus? If so what state are you located? Also going to ask about getting a 305 bigbore and best aussie recommendation. Thanks

Keen to upload some clips once my bike is off the stand; awaiting my megabomb headers and ejk I got the dates wrong and prematurely removed stock headers and made room for wring, positron I have been told your aus? If so what state are you located? Also going to ask about getting a 305 bigbore and best aussie recommendation. Thanks

Victoria

I hope to be adding to this thread in the near future .... some father & son dual video vlog type stuff with the sena's ...  :thumbsup:

Am I the only person that actually rides their bike?

Come on people. This is bloody less than acceptable.

Everyone hit the deck and give me 20 push ups. Then give yourselves an upper cut.

Hahahahaha

Hit Wombat State forest yesterday.

The day started at 8am, got on the bike and rode to the meet point to meet a riding mate, then travelled 60 miles to finally arrive at Wombat.

Managed to get lost several times deep in the forest. Crossed several creeks, climbed and descended some gnarly hills, crossed logs, and battled the slick greasy conditions.

At the end of the day we came to what we thought was a dead end in the track, my mate says the track keeps going, so I get off my bike and keep walking forward to discover the longest steepest hill-descent, like a scene from The Man From Snowy River.

My mate is shitting bricks, I say come on lets go, I take off and attack the descent, I get half way down and the track is getting progessively steeper and narrower with nice deep ruts, tree roots, ledges, and large holes everywhere (a death trap). i come around a corner and see the bottom and start shitting my pants. It appears the track ends and the only way out is to go back up. No farken chance of that. I try to stop the bike 100 yards from the bottom and come off the bike and roll half way down the hill, pure luck I wasn't impaled on something or crushed by my own bike.

I tell my mate about what I see and now he is shitting his pants cause it looks we will be camping the night in the middle of no where in below freezing weather with no tent, no sleeping bag, or suitable clothes.

I suggest we leave our bikes where they are and climb our way the rest of the way down to investigate.

As we reach the bottom we find a narrow track that wanders off to the right. I'm sure my mate had said a few prayers. hahahaha.

Crossed another creek, and one more gnarly hill climb and we were out of there.

My mate loaded his bike on his trailer, and I jumped back on the LRP and rode it the 60 miles home, back home to at 6pm.

A great day

Edited by Positron007

The batteries in my phone were dead so only have pictures of my bike today after the ride.

The death scene.

20140810_093719.jpg

20140810_093819.jpg

20140810_093739.jpg

20140810_093829.jpg

20140810_093842.jpg

Edited by Positron007

I rode mine Posi--Ok only 50 miles of dirt roads not the narly stuff you rode--No gopro-and i cannot load pic;s here not that puter savy sorry--Ended up at my wife's work and took her to lunch :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well, got up this morning and was ready for a ride, temps are low, humidity low, and well, i was just needed to get out for a short ride. 

It started out as an unkown ride .i filled up my tank and headed north. well soon i found myself in traffic and tail gated by an elderly handicapped couple. so at the next chance i had i exited off the main road and headed back towards the house. then i had my " Hey, this is where i want to go" moment. there was a bridge i cross over frequently and have yet to explore. 

RiverBridgeLaceySpring_zps22f7d291.jpg

the ride was short due to a creek that without a culvert bridge was impassable. so i had to U turn and ended up crossing over to the other side, where i found how the 4x4's reached this place, but i did not make it due to the mud hole i needed to trudge through, ( and not wanting to have the results of above post ) i opted to yet U turn again and head home, which upon my arrival home my wife was still asleep, so i had a good early ride and was refreshed for todays events. son's 4th birthday party. 

I could sum up the usual drives we do. 100 miles of straight gravel / woods roads flogging during which we might get lost on small swampy road which takes few hours. Somewhere in the middle we grill some sausages and have a beer. That's the finnish sausage enduro. :D

I could sum up the usual drives we do. 100 miles of straight gravel / woods roads flogging during which we might get lost on small swampy road which takes few hours. Somewhere in the middle we grill some sausages and have a beer. That's the finnish sausage enduro. :D

Take a picture of the sausages. :)

Hit Wombat State forest yesterday.

The day started at 8am, got on the bike and rode to the meet point to meet a riding mate, then travelled 60 miles to finally arrive at Wombat.

Managed to get lost several times deep in the forest. Crossed several creeks, climbed and descended some gnarly hills, crossed logs, and battled the slick greasy conditions.

At the end of the day we came to what we thought was a dead end in the track, my mate says the track keeps going, so I get off my bike and keep walking forward to discover the longest steepest hill-descent, like a scene from The Man From Snowy River.

My mate is shitting bricks, I say come on lets go, I take off and attack the descent, I get half way down and the track is getting progessively steeper and narrower with nice deep ruts, tree roots, ledges, and large holes everywhere (a death trap). i come around a corner and see the bottom and start shitting my pants. It appears the track ends and the only way out is to go back up. No farken chance of that. I try to stop the bike 100 yards from the bottom and come off the bike and roll half way down the hill, pure luck I wasn't impaled on something or crushed by my own bike.

I tell my mate about what I see and now he is shitting his pants cause it looks we will be camping the night in the middle of no where in below freezing weather with no tent, no sleeping bag, or suitable clothes.

I suggest we leave our bikes where they are and climb our way the rest of the way down to investigate.

As we reach the bottom we find a narrow track that wanders off to the right. I'm sure my mate had said a few prayers. hahahaha.

Crossed another creek, and one more gnarly hill climb and we were out of there.

My mate loaded his bike on his trailer, and I jumped back on the LRP and rode it the 60 miles home, back home to at 6pm.

A great day

first i would like to say i like the new graphics on your ride...  actually looks like a real horse!!!  amazing what they can do with computers these days...  and i didn't know your hair was so blonde...  i took you more for a light brown almost blonde hair kind of guy...  i almost fainted when they shot your ride...  i was like "NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

glad you were ok to tell the tale and show the gopro video of it...  you rock!!!  

:ride:

you know, i think i have seen a video called that...     :lol:

first i would like to say i like the new graphics on your ride...  actually looks like a real horse!!!  amazing what they can do with computers these days...  and i didn't know your hair was so blonde...  i took you more for a light brown almost blonde hair kind of guy...  i almost fainted when they shot your ride...  i was like "NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

glad you were ok to tell the tale and show the gopro video of it...  you rock!!!  

:ride:

It's my latest research. Predator Mk III camouflage.

:)

got to get me some...  i could hide from the wife!!!  

Did my 1st major off-road ride last Sunday on my 2014 CRF250L

Took a mountain road/trail for 42 miles (84 round trip)
The road was a dirt/rock Forest Circus road that went up over a mountain range.
Road consisted of Loose gravel, large rocks and plenty of washouts,potholes, and large gopher holes.
Took me 6 hours from start to finish.
Aired the stock tires down to 15.5 front, 16.5 rear.
Took off my TCI windshield. It's amazing how much wind that thing blocks!
On the highway, without the windshield, I felt like a sail.

Some observations with the bike:

• Stock bars suck and are to low for stand-up riding.
  • Rear shock sucks and belongs on a mountain bike, not a motorcycle.
  • Pegs could be a little wider.
  • 84 miles is way to far to go in the type of terrain I was riding ! It kicked my ass!

Other than the above the bike kicked ass!
The 13t sprocket is a must have mod! ( did it when it was new)
I could easily run through the rough crap in 2nd and 3rd gear.
Fuel mileage seemed to be pretty close to what i was getting on the street, around 60ish.
My rear shock is now leaking fluid, rattling and probably shot.
Once i got over the mountains and was heading down into a little valley, there was a big damn coyote running down the road in front of me. I caught up to him and chased him for around 3/4 mile. He was hauling ass at around 35 mph!
He finally jumped into the brush along side the road and was gone. Should have had my GoPro with me!
Saw lots of Grouse and Mule deer!
Note to self: Don't do a round trip. Next time take the highway back!

On the way back

photo2-2.jpg

Rest break

photo3-3.jpg

photo5-5.jpg

A little over halfway over the top.

photo5.jpg

Edited by Force0321

First trip in a while (weeks??). Just 60 miles, but first stop at MX track, managed 5 laps then I was knackered. This time I even had wheels in the air few times. Then of course some gravel speeding. And few very stony hiking trails, which the bike handled just fine. Just speed over the rocks, don't try past them.  :thumbsup: The new 18" rear rim works good.

Oh... no sausages this time!!

post-367930-0-29262000-1408256675.jpg

FOT58B41.jpg

Edited by Hege

Took the bike out to Anglesea. Had a great time hitting wet sandy berms and launching off a few whoops at high speed.

Finished the ride with a nice steak