Positron007

Ride Reports (CRF250L/M)

Did an awesome ride up Sand Lake Road, near Restoule in Northern Ontario. Some Awesome scenery!

• Like 1

I've been burning up my hay fields and pastures the last couple weeks. Today I took my first real ride , I'm hooked. I only rode about 50 miles but managed to hit one state park and one national park.

I have new bars and 13t sprocket. Ohlins shock is on the way.

KIMG0086.jpg

KIMG0088.jpg

• Like 2

Went on a DS ride with a buddy, he has a new to him KLR650. We did little over 100 miles 20 or so was gravel.

He wouldn't hang with me on the gravel, guess pushing 60mph just wasn't his thing. Not yet anyways.

IMG_20180311_161242687_HDR.jpg

Edited by RudeJeepin
  • Like 1

A friend and I both ran the Sand Booger Family Enduro in Indiana on Saturday with the 250L. It was a damn work out with such a heavy bike (compared to most of what was out there) and crazy tight and twisty, definitely out of the pocket for the LRP. That said, this thing truly is an amazing motorcycle with the right upgrades. The fact that it took everything we could throw at it...water, sand, deep/steep climbs, log crossings, saplings smashing it up the whole time...it's a beast. More of a beast than I am, as I just did one of the 3 loops and called it good. 

I'm so glad I installed the RT spring kit and a Flatlands skid plate...both were a big bonus on Saturday. Pretty sure I would have popped the seals on the stock fork setup. 

I love this motorcycle. I'm going to look at another bike for dedicated trail events like that...but the 250L can face pretty much anything within reason it seems. It's such a capable, versatile, FUN bike. I felt a little bad beating her up Saturday. But she just looked up and smiled. With the right modifications, it's a truly worthy trail bike, especially if you keep it on stuff that's not crazy tight and cramped. The weight definitely showed itself at such low speeds...anytime you can carry some momentum though, it's just a blast.

Goofing around before the event, both CRFs in the background.

31046326_10213565537391095_3624296712175

My buddy after his second loop...note that the rear brake pedal did NOT make it unscathed.

31166706_10213571127050833_4648022778403

• Like 1

Took my boys out this past weekend. We did 20 or so miles mostly trail, pretty cold. Ground was frozen, puddles were frozen, but we mostly stayed warm, as long as we kept moving.IMG_20181118_132340750.thumb.jpg.3592d2127f1eb8f0becf6fa47dacfaa1.jpg