'83' XR 350../ '85' XL 350 ?

does anyone know if most of these parts will interchange??  been trying to cross ref. but haven't had much luck. mainly wondering about rims.

They should. I no all 3 years are the same

I would think everything would. They didn't switch dual carb to single like the XR350 did in 85 did they? The 85 XR is a MUCH different bike than the 83-84 and almost nothing matches. The 83-84 shared more with the XR500 and the totally re-designed 85 shared with the brand new XR600.  Don't know what applies to XL's there. FWIW

The XR's went to a front disk brake about that time.  The 85 XR350 is a total redesign compared to 83-84, nothing interchanges.  83-84 shared with XR500.  85 was based on new XR600. 

Don't know what applies to XL's.  (dual carb 83-84, single 85 on XR's is easy to check)

my 85 xl 350 has dual carbs.

So that would not interchange with the 85 XR single carb 350. ;)

85 xR has slightly larger piston, different frame with longer swingarm, dry sump oiling, gearing, etc etc differences relative to the 83-84.

Again, can't help with how that applies to xL's, but all XR350 are NOT the same. FWIW

Edited by MindBlower

???..ok. but I didn't ask anything about an 85 xr 350...maybe im confused ?   u asked if xl switched to single carb in 85 and I said no at least not on mine......well anyway does anyone know or has anyone swapped parts from an '83' xr 350 to the '85' xl 350 ??. thanks in advance for any help.

???..ok. but I didn't ask anything about an 85 xr 350...maybe im confused ?   u asked if xl switched to single carb in 85 and I said no at least not on mine......well anyway does anyone know or has anyone swapped parts from an '83' xr 350 to the '85' xl 350 ??. thanks in advance for any help.

Doubtful you're going to find much info on that specific swap, so you look next at what info about those year ranges in general you can find.

I was pointing otu that all XR350's arent the same, so that may or may not apply to XL's. Some info.   ;)

If you want to get specific on what parts you are looking to interchange, go to Service Honda and look at the parts list for the 2 bikes in question, compare parts numbers.  

Or post what parts you need to replace and then maybe someones actually done that swap. 

These are old bikes that they made for a short time and didn't sell a lot of.

There's simply not a lot of detailed info or "tuner' knowledge in general about these bikes.   ;)

Edited by MindBlower

thanks for the response.