XCRW 530 vs EXC 530

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody has installed a street legal kit (headlight, taillight, blinkers, horn) on an xcrw. (I could not find anything on this forum or on google about this modelicon1.png)

From what I was told, this bike is "plug n plug" when it comes to installing these kits. 

Is this wiring harness the same as the EXC 530?

My questionsicon1.png

1) Is it simple as buying any Sicass or Baja kit and everything should be as easy as plugging into the outlets that my wiring harness has?

2) Does anybody know any of these exacticon1.png kits that have had good or bad experience?

3) If all the plugs are not simpleicon1.png as plug n play is it pretty doable to work around it? (by splicing or soldering I would assume?)

Thanks a lot guys for any insighticon1.png you can provide on this. Cheers  :)

While most of the bike and harness are pretty damn close. You will not be able to get a plate on that bike in California.

Not being straight up legal that is.

i did a xcw recently, it's not plug and play, you still need to get creative.   I used the tusk wiring harness and switch gear and turn signals.  added a brake light switch for the stock tail light and adapted a h4 55/60w bulb in the stock head light assembly. Basically made it pass inspection, threw a big tank and seat on and went touring,    Would have been less hassle to just buy and exc.   If you wanna build it with really trick DS parts, it really doesn't matter as you will be changing all the exc parts out for better ones any way.

Nevada 2014 163-L.jpg

Delete.

Edited by Chas_M

If you are trying to street plate a dirt bike in CA, you would be much better off looking for a 530 EXC that is 50 states street legal from the factory. It is a gamble at best trying to street plate a dirt bike in CA.

i did a xcw recently, it's not plug and play, you still need to get creative.   I used the tusk wiring harness and switch gear and turn signals.  added a brake light switch for the stock tail light and adapted a h4 55/60w bulb in the stock head light assembly. Basically made it pass inspection, threw a big tank and seat on and went touring,    Would have been less hassle to just buy and exc.   If you wanna build it with really trick DS parts, it really doesn't matter as you will be changing all the exc parts out for better ones any way.

attachicon.gifNevada 2014 163-L.jpg

What year is yours? Is the xcw the same as the xcrw?

My wiring harness has one plug in the front not being used which I think is for the headlight. It has one beneath the gas tank being unused, and it has one near under the seat being unused.

Does that mean I could plug and play a lighting kit or would that not include blinkers? Would I need a whole new wiring harness or could I find a way to connect blinkers directly to the battery?

Thanks guys.

Mines a 09 XC-W,    might check the wiring diagrams to see what those plugs do, pdf manuals are all over the net, free.

If you are trying to street plate a dirt bike in CA, you would be much better off looking for a 530 EXC that is 50 states street legal from the factory. It is a gamble at best trying to street plate a dirt bike in CA.

I bought an EXC for this very reason.  Too much of a gamble in my state to get it tagged.  In fact, it's about a certainty, if you don't find one from another state already tagged.

...  If you wanna build it with really trick DS parts, it really doesn't matter as you will be changing all the exc parts out for better ones any way.

attachicon.gifNevada 2014 163-L.jpg

However, this is a very good point.  While my EXC WAS FACTORY street legal when I bought it, the street legal bits from the factory leave a little bit to be desired, and they had to go pretty quickly.  While that did cost me more money, I still had a bike that was factory street legal, so I won't ever have issues there as far as the tag office is concerned...

CADman_KS