Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki taking a back seat?(NOT A JS7 THREAD)

I've noticed there are hardly any Suzuki bikes out on the track in the nationals. In the 250s I don't think I saw any!? In 450s all there aren't too many either. JS, Weston and a privateer or two. Any idea to why that is?

I've noticed there are hardly any Suzuki bikes out on the track in the nationals. In the 250s I don't think I saw any!? In 450s all there aren't too many either. JS, Weston and a privateer or two. Any idea to why that is?

They've been replaced by KTM's.

• Like 7

They've been replaced by KTM's.

they spend all the $ on JS dreaming of Championships :lol:

• Like 1

It always goes in cycles. The last few years you rarely saw a Yamaha.

• Like 2

It seems to be Suzuki's turn to be the underdog ( sort of speaking ). I wonder were Kawasaki would be right now if RV wasn't winning on 450 green. At least Kawasaki has some riders in the 250's. 

A lot of privateers don't ride them because othet bikes offer better contigency money. A lot of teams aren't running them because they can't get the support theywant. I know right now that RCH is in talks with them to run a 250 team, but they aaren't getting the support they want to do it.  

Suzuki mortgaged their future with RC and their budget is still lower because of it. 

• Like 2

KR 94

I keep hearing this. Guess we will know shortly.

Suzuki mortgaged their future with RC and their budget is still lower because of it.

When RC teamed up with Hart I wondered how long he would be loyal to Suzuki. Business can change a relationship

Being a good owner means your looking for the best manufacture for your team

I keep hearing this. Guess we will know shortly.

Yeah I'm hearing mixed gossip about it. All I know is if Ricky & Carey threw enough money at KR to lure him away from Factory KTM they just spent some serious bank doing so.

• Like 3

Yeah I'm hearing mixed gossip about it. All I know is if Ricky & Carey threw enough money at KR to lure him away from Factory KTM they just spent some serious bank doing so.

Agreed... RCH had to throw serious $$$$ KR's way.  IMO, it would take more than dollars to get him to leave a program he is winning on.  I don't know... Probably more gossip than anything.  Oh well time to go check in on the JS threads.  :ride:

• Like 1

And probably won't be able to support him properly. Very risky move for KR.

Edited by YHGEORGE

And probably won't be able to support him properly. Very risky move for KR.

RCH will have the same level of support as the Yoshimura team next year......with better riders

Edited by meyermetal
  • Like 1

Agreed... RCH had to throw serious $$$$ KR's way.  IMO, it would take more than dollars to get him to leave a program he is winning on.  I don't know... Probably more gossip than anything.  Oh well time to go check in on the JS threads.  :ride:

They are paying him the same they offered Reed last year. The reason Ken was able to go was the money that Redbull and Fox threw at him. 

They are paying him the same they offered Reed last year. The reason Ken was able to go was the money that Redbull and Fox threw at him. 

Hmmm... But, why leave a team that you are winning on?  Possibly winning the outdoors.  I understand $$$$ drive people's decision.  But, so does success.  Oh well, I'm definitely not one to try to physo analyze a top rider.  Hell, I can't figure out most people on here.

• Like 1

From what I hear, Yoshimura Suzuki will have a lot of extra $$$ due to a new found budget with newly freed up dollars.

Oh...ooops.....did I just turn this into a Stewart thread?

;)

no ,  I did in post # 3 :devil: