Need advice: Can a gouge like this on the head just be filed?

I sent my head to a machinist for new valves, when he shipped it back he didn't package it well enough between the head an cylinder and it gouged the head.  Wrote him and he said no big deal to just hit it with a file, and run it over with some crocus cloth, and the gasket will absorb the rest.  

Is this what you guys would do?  

20140722_132311_resized.jpg

20140722_132320_resized_1.jpg

You can fix it as stated, but I would have given that guy an earful of 4-letter words. Some 5 and 6 'ers, too.

Yeah sometimes shit happens

Thats in a very odd place to be shipping damage. I looks like it was dropped onto a valve or a valve spring after it was assembled.

Thats in a very odd place to be shipping damage. I looks like it was dropped onto a valve or a valve spring after it was assembled.

He had the cylinder with the piston facing upside down underneath the head, The gouges lined up with the bottom edge of the piston.

That's just incompetence.

your lucky its inside of the head gasket sealing surface I see parts like that quite iften because of poor packaging.

No biggie. 

yep you can see the marks where the gasket seals, they are well outside those gouges. basically you COULD. put it togeather that way. but you SHOULD file it.... but do NOT let the file touch were the gasket seals.