Sign in to follow this  

1993 yz250 color scheme

Hey guys, I just picked up a bike. The owner said it was a 1994 (knew it wasn't, vin is 4ew). It has been poorly repainted blue...but there is purple underneath. The purple looks factory applied, but I thought the 93 yz250 had a white frame...what gives? Any chance this is a factory works bike?20140723_064818_zpse334c65c.jpg

'95's where purple stock frames maybe that's why larry ward rode it so fast

I knew that, but this is for sure a 1993. I checked again, and the purple is either factory or somebody redid it properly at some point. There is no white under the purple.

10th digit of the vin will tell u the year of the frame...just a single digit.  Is it ground off or somethin?

P is 93, R is 94...

fiche says its a radical white...ha...the 90s were pretty radical.

Agreed on the paint....prob just a late 93 model or somethin. Ive heard they do stuff like that if its a negligible change.

Sounds like it is a model 93 build late in the year with the 94 paint. I have my 94 frame chrome plated. It is one of a kind.

YZ-250-1994.jpg

21C14CD0-9708-4EDA-8231-3E4A24D32F8C-267

That's a great looking yz, the chromium is very unique.

As for my bike being a late '93, its possible but the vin is a really low number usually indicating an early bike. Anything is possible I suppose.