Sign in to follow this  

78 TT500

Anybody out there have any idea who might have made this frame? any history or clues would be greatly appreciated Thx, MikeIMG_20140627_164444.jpgIMG_20140612_190639.jpgIMG_20140627_164444.jpgciated. Thx

That was a sticker from DMV for reg. there are no tags, markings on frame that I have found.

Anybody out there have any idea who might have made this frame? any history or clues would be greatly appreciated Thx, Mikeattachicon.gifIMG_20140627_164444.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20140612_190639.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20140627_164444.jpgciated. Thx

It is a butchered stock frame running the straight style Profab swingarm and Simmon forks.  The forks, swingarm and fox airshocks are what is worth money today. The frame may have been deraked. If so, they did a poor job of it. Looks very heavy and they aren't really light to begin with.

Regards,

Paul

Edited by pcnsd

I'd like to see a few more better photos of it from more angles and the under side.  Also you maybe should repost a new thread titled  "TT500 frame I.D."  I think you'll get more responces. Everyone likes a mystery  :)

I will take a few more pics and change the  title. Thanks for the tips. And by the pcsnd it is not a stock frame there is no # stamped in the head, not deraked and whoever built it was an excellent welder it was a very well made frame. thanks for your input .

I will take a few more pics and change the  title. Thanks for the tips. And by the pcsnd it is not a stock frame there is no # stamped in the head, not deraked and whoever built it was an excellent welder it was a very well made frame. thanks for your input .

Michael,

After some closer examination, I agree. See if you can find a picture of a Dick Mann Racing motocross frame. He was one of the few that didn't build the HL copy.

Paul

DM was the first I thought of but it's easy to find photos of those frames and it's not one of them. Did you get it in California ? 

Yes I did get it in CA. I have not seen a DM frame. The frame looks like a Mann version 1 until you get to the adjusters at the swing arm pivot. So many things are similar like no serial #, stock Yamaha stuff bolting up to it, Timken bearings in the steering head. Thanks for your help. MIke

Bruce, That looks exactly like it! Thanks man. I'm going take better pics. Sunday and will post. But I have say that is it! too cool. Thanks, Mike