Quick, easy, cost effective way to wash a dirt bike

I've searched a bit but haven't found what I'm looking for answer wise.

I use Simple Green and Purple Power, Dawn dish washing liquid, WD-40, 303 Protectant, Silicon spray, etc.

Seems like most folks who started or responded to the various threads I found live in an area with different terrain that what we have here in Eastern Tennessee.  We got rocky, rooted hardpack with mud here and there.  I've never been a fan of mud or mud bogs or mud trucks but there is no way to avoid it here and it really isn't all that bad.  It washes off easy, doesn't seem to be very abrasive like Florida sugar sand is but it will leave a film on whatever surface it comes in contact with.  A water hose and just your hand will get the film off but I'm not the OCD clean freak some are and most of the time don't have the patience to work every little nook and cranny.

OK, so lets categorize the various cleaners out there.

Dawn dish washing liquid has some sort of grease fighting ingredient.

Simple Green and Purple Power use Citric Acid.  Acid is a good cleaner, why vinegar is used to clean so many things around the house but can etch aluminum and carbon fiber.

WD-40 is a "Water Displacer" and lubricant.  I have been spraying my chain and entire bike with it but it only works just so-so with the mud.  Silicon spray I have used the same way.

303 Protectant is touted as SPF 50 for your stuff.  Keeps rubber and plastic healthier and looking good but the mud still sticks.

What about the one step tire cleaner and shine?

Rinse the mud off with a hose or pressure washer.

Wrap up the front brake rotor and caliper.

Spray this on the whole bike starting from the top since it will run down.

Supposed to clean and leave a slightly shiny coating on tires so why not the engine, body plastic, seat, wheels, tires, chain etc. ?

Edited by MetricMuscle

What about parking in a swamp, cowering behind the bike and getting a "mate" to blast through on his CRF230?

6.jpg

To wash the other side, simply turn the bike around and repeat the process.

:naughty:

I wash with a hose and regular cheap car wash soap, I use a mitt with the soap.

I give the plastics a once over with plastix once a month or so just to keep the mud from sticking.

Lemon Pledge makes everything nice and pretty.  Makes black hoses, cables and fork boots clean and black, makes all the red and white plastic look almost new, polishes rims and makes the tires nice and black.  Don't spray your seat!

Magic eraser removes boot marks and stains in the plastics.

In this part of TN, the worst part to clean is the exhaust manifold and first bend.  The mud dries on there like rust.  You have to relly scrub that off or it keeps building up.

Lemon Pledge makes everything nice and pretty. Makes black hoses, cables and fork boots clean and black, makes all the red and white plastic look almost new, polishes rims and makes the tires nice and black. Don't spray your seat!

Magic eraser removes boot marks and stains in the plastics.

In this part of TN, the worst part to clean is the exhaust manifold and first bend. The mud dries on there like rust. You have to relly scrub that off or it keeps building up.

Yup I'm a long time lemon pledge user. Also use a little oxy clean in the soap bucket. Try it.