XR650L App: Should I update it? Anything you would like to see?

I have been getting a few requests for a maintenance recording section and a wiring diagram and so I was thinking maybe I would update the XR650L Android app. Is there anything else you guys would like to see included?

I think a wiring diagram would be very helpful...  The maintenance database idea is great, the only problem is how many use it?  I'm about as OCD as you can get and do not keep very good track of maintenance, save for oil changes and valve adjustment intervals, there really is just not that much to maintain on the XR, which is the main reason I think so many of us have them...

One other note you might find helpful:  I see quite a few folks (myself included) complain about trying to get the plug out with an 18mm socket, I've switched to the RA6HC plugs, which accept a 5/8 socket, much easier, might want to add those as an alternate plug (cross references to the 809)...

I'd love to see an app for the iPhone…….

+2 for that

I have an iPhone4 and I have a ThumperTalk app...so...your wish is granted?

I have an iPhone4 and I have a ThumperTalk app...so...your wish is granted?

Have it, too.  Still would love an app specific to the XRL though.

I think a wiring diagram would be very helpful...  The maintenance database idea is great, the only problem is how many use it?  I'm about as OCD as you can get and do not keep very good track of maintenance, save for oil changes and valve adjustment intervals, there really is just not that much to maintain on the XR, which is the main reason I think so many of us have them...

One other note you might find helpful:  I see quite a few folks (myself included) complain about trying to get the plug out with an 18mm socket, I've switched to the RA6HC plugs, which accept a 5/8 socket, much easier, might want to add those as an alternate plug (cross references to the 809)...

Ah great suggestion! I'll make a note of that! Yeah I really love this bike, it's so simple, reliable, and just makes going over anything a breeze.

I would love to release for iPhone, my only issue with it is the popularity of the app vs the cost to release on the Apple Store. They have a $99 a year developer fee (Google Play only has a one time $25 fee and the Amazon App store is free to developers). I Have only sold 16 units of the XRL app and 58 of the KLR app, which at $2 a pop hasn't really turned enough profit to justify the cost of releasing for iPhone, especially when you take Apple's/Google's/Amazon's 30% off the top. I have recently lowered the price to $0.99 in hopes that sales go up, and I am hoping that by updating the app (and releasing features on the paid version that won't be on the free version) maybe I can push sales high enough to release on iPhone.

+2 for that

see above

Edited by officialhopsof

Have it, too.  Still would love an app specific to the XRL though.

Gotcha, now I understand  :facepalm: