Mobil 1

Has anyone used Mobil 1  4T 10W40 oil in there Beta?

Has anyone used 10W40 motorcycle oil in the gear case on the there Beta ?

Use Spectro 4 Offroad 20/50 in both motor and trans.

Later George

Has anyone used Mobil 1  4T 10W40 oil in there Beta?

Has anyone used 10W40 motorcycle oil in the gear case on the there Beta ?

Yes I have, I prefer Amsoil for the motor 20w50. Anything over 5wt (all local brands synthetic or dyno) in the tranny I have issues with the clutch.

Yes I have, I prefer Amsoil for the motor 20w50. Anything over 5wt (all local brands synthetic or dyno) in the tranny I have issues with the clutch.

What kind of issues, shuddering when cold?

I ran Rotella T6 5w40 in both the engine and trans. Second change I used Rotella T3 10w40 in both. After about 10 miles I switched the trans back to T6 because the clutch got grabby and shifting got notchy. Much easier to find neutral with 5W40. 

+1

I also could not start the bike in the morning without it leaping a foot unless it was in neutral. Been this way since new, bleed the clutch several times with no change. I also have excessive (I feel) chain slap when lugging the motor. My theory is the clutch is causing this and will aggravate the bevel washer/sprocket/o-ring oil leak that some have/had. 0wt. works the best but I don't feel good about using that light of oil there where it see heat and shear forces.

Edited by weantright

+1

I also could not start the bike in the morning without it leaping a foot unless it was in neutral. Been this way since new, bleed the clutch several times with no change. I also have excessive (I feel) chain slap when lugging the motor. My theory is the clutch is causing this and will aggravate the bevel washer/sprocket/o-ring oil leak that some have/had. 0wt. works the best but I don't feel good about using that light of oil there where it see heat and shear forces.

I don't have a problem using 5W40 or 0W40. I have other toys that require 0W40 and are in much harsher environments and spend more time above 6500+ RPM. Heavy weight oils are getting req. less and less. You're seeing 5W20 becoming the standard for a lot of vehicles these days. Chain slap coincides with the stroke length of the motor. Shorter the stroke, more the chain slaps. It get compounded even more with light weight flywheels.