Sign in to follow this  

Just got a brand new 2013 WR250F - Jetting Cost

Hello everyone, first post here after scouring a lot of threads- :)

So after a day at Motoventures I traded in my KLR and pulled the trigger on a WR250F, it reminded me of my old KDX200 and was too much fun!  I'm pretty sure I can do the grey wire and intake/exhaust unblocking but I live in an apartment and wouldn't be able to run the bike to adjust jetting.

My question is, how much should a rejetting at a dealer cost?

Thanks,

Mike

Depends on the hourly labor rate. I worked in a dealership that would not install aftermarket parts unless they were from their branded performance parts (GYTR). An independent shop will probably work with you a little better if you went w/ an aftermarket jet kit ie. James Dean kit. It would get a little expensive to have the bike properly tuned (jetted, dyno'd) vs. dropping in a kit and see how it runs. Even if you live in an apartment you would be doing your tuning on the track / trail ?

After reading more, I'm just going to get a JD kit, then read the instructions and go ride it.  I'm assuming I can find someone else in Southern California that would have some jet settings close to what I need to start it out.  I thought to change jets you had to actually pull the whole carburetor.

For mods I'm just going to remove the grey wire and do the snorkel/exhaust insert.  Now I'm just not sure what insert to get and if it will pass a spark arrestor test.

After reading more, I'm just going to get a JD kit, then read the instructions and go ride it.  I'm assuming I can find someone else in Southern California that would have some jet settings close to what I need to start it out.  I thought to change jets you had to actually pull the whole carburetor.

For mods I'm just going to remove the grey wire and do the snorkel/exhaust insert.  Now I'm just not sure what insert to get and if it will pass a spark arrestor test.

My 07' WR had a GYTR insert installed by the previous owner. It is quiet and gets the exhaust moving a little better but I would have spent my money on a complete exhaust, so I did. Went w/ an FMF 4.1 (quiet insert) and FMF Powerbomb. Gave a descent seat of the pants boost but is a tad loud.

Your WR already comes with a spark arrestor muffler. I think you need to spend some time reading your owners manual. Carefully.

I know it has a spark arrestor. I thought it might be removed when pulling the insert, which doesn't appear to be the case. From what I've read it will still pass a db check without the insert.