Who does true supermoto riding?

Really interested in doing true supermoto riding like it was intended. On-road off-road, I've road my 14'sm off road with the street tires and thought it was a blast! Accidentally went on a double black diamond trail and that wasn't so fun but I still did it.

So who does it on this forum and what do you think? I think the fire roads are the most fun, flat tracking it around the corners and stuff. Also now I'm running tubeless which I think will be nice, what should I air down to if anything? Maybe 10-15 psi? I have a little 12v compressor I carry so I could air back if I had to.

Just curious to hear some people's opinions and experiences with this. Thanks!

One of these tracks would be so fun to ride on!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406146058.472894.jpg

I'm not super serious about riding, but I almost always go off-road when I go on rides with my SM. Makes everything much more fun knowing you have no limits and can explore wherever you want. I mostly do trails and considering I live in an urban jungle, they're difficult to find.

I also see that you have a CA plate. Are you in northern, central, or southern CA?

Edited by bloc
  • Like 1

Really interested in doing true supermoto riding like it was intended. On-road off-road, I've road my 14'sm off road with the street tires and thought it was a blast! Accidentally went on a double black diamond trail and that wasn't so fun but I still did it.

So who does it on this forum and what do you think? I think the fire roads are the most fun, flat tracking it around the corners and stuff. Also now I'm running tubeless which I think will be nice, what should I air down to if anything? Maybe 10-15 psi? I have a little 12v compressor I carry so I could air back if I had to.

Just curious to hear some people's opinions and experiences with this. Thanks!

One of these tracks would be so fun to ride on!

?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406146058.472894.jpg

link to that graphics kit?

Edited by mkiv
  • Like 1

I off-road my sm all the time, that's what makes supermoto fun. Anything from cutting through drainage ditches to avoid a red light to big rocky hillclimbs to technical single track.

Two things I have most fun riding: mountain bike trails and gravel roads. Preferably gravel roads that you can run 4th gear wide open and has lots of turns. Sliding the rear around on gravel is addicting, and it makes sportbike guys jealous

Edited by Gsxrstuntdrz
  • Like 4

I'm not super serious about riding, but I almost always go off-road when I go on rides with my SM. Makes everything much more fun knowing you have no limits and can explore wherever you want. I mostly do trails and considering I live in an urban jungle, they're difficult to find.

I also see that you have a CA plate. Are you in northern, central, or southern CA?

I hear ya that's awesome! These tires do better than I thought they would off road.

I'm in NorCal about a hour and a half from Oregon.

I ride out in the country all the time to get away from the crazies in town,if I find old trails, logging clear cuts and gravel roads I always go and explore them.

I like carving the twisty old country roads too,for me it's more like "adventure" riding. ?

I guess that's why I ditched the street tires for something a little beefier.

Edited by DRZ-Fast-Times
  • Like 2

im planning on starting to do at least a few track days. i would like to find a track out here until i can get home. Theres actually a small go kart track like 10 mins from where i live but i didnt get a chance to talk to whoever owns it before i left. nobody is ever on it. its pretty small though. my 06 is going to be my track/race/play bike when i put the motor back in it...

• Like 1

im planning on starting to do at least a few track days. i would like to find a track out here until i can get home. Theres actually a small go kart track like 10 mins from where i live but i didnt get a chance to talk to whoever owns it before i left. nobody is ever on it. its pretty small though. my 06 is going to be my track/race/play bike when i put the motor back in it...

get in touch with the owner and i'll get 10-12 guys to come along to make it worth opening the gate. 

Ill say this about this subject as i went from offroading erry single weekend with a ''REAL S''  :usa:  :banana:  Setup.

drz155_zps95e9cba5.jpg

to this

smtires2_zps1c439351.jpg

Im just gonna be hones,   I MISS ME DIRT WHEELS.   :o

Stree is fun, and you can lean the bike over way more in SM trim,  it also gets to speed faster,  looks better,  but there is something so awesome about being able to do off road,   and yes i tried the SM in dual sport with shinko 244's.  with that set up,  it sucks on the street and in the dirt,  lol  IMHO

stosm9_zps466a7722.jpg

I think having 2 sets of tires (17's and 18/21) will be as close as you can get to being able to do anything.  

• Like 3

Ill say this about this subject as i went from offroading erry single weekend with a ''REAL S''  :usa:  :banana:  Setup.

drz155_zps95e9cba5.jpg

to this

smtires2_zps1c439351.jpg

Im just gonna be hones,   I MISS ME DIRT WHEELS.   :o

Stree is fun, and you can lean the bike over way more in SM trim,  it also gets to speed faster,  looks better,  but there is something so awesome about being able to do off road,   and yes i tried the SM in dual sport with shinko 244's.  with that set up,  it sucks on the street and in the dirt,  lol  IMHO

stosm9_zps466a7722.jpg

I think having 2 sets of tires (17's and 18/21) will be as close as you can get to being able to do anything.  

Ron, I had so much fun today riding around fast on these trails........thought about you more than once buddy :usa: and after reading your post, I think you need those old wheels back or at the very least, another set of 18-21's. Trail riding is always such a challenge.......from out and out power down straights, to curves with sand and rocks and ruts and roots.....to me anyway, it's a total yehaw moment.  ?

Don't get me wrong, I love those blue wheels and your bike looks absolutely killer in street trim, but it looked killer in dirt trim too.............just sayin M8  ?

• Like 2

Ill say this about this subject as i went from offroading erry single weekend with a ''REAL S'' :usa::banana: Setup.

drz155_zps95e9cba5.jpg

to this

smtires2_zps1c439351.jpg

Im just gonna be hones, I MISS ME DIRT WHEELS. :o

Stree is fun, and you can lean the bike over way more in SM trim, it also gets to speed faster, looks better, but there is something so awesome about being able to do off road, and yes i tried the SM in dual sport with shinko 244's. with that set up, it sucks on the street and in the dirt, lol IMHO

stosm9_zps466a7722.jpg

Did you get rid of your 21/18's? I ahve both and find it hard to put the 17"s on. They have 4 miles on them.
  • Like 1

Did you get rid of your 21/18's? I ahve both and find it hard to put the 17"s on. They have 4 miles on them.

I traded me 18/21's for the 17's,   its harder finding a set of 18/21 then it is finding a set of 17'' supermotor rims IMO.

What i would like to do,  is get a set of 18/21 and have those on for the winter months +, about 8 months a year,  and put on the SM set up for the 4 hot summer months,  that would be the shite. 

• Like 1