2014 2.5 gal tank

looking for 2014  300 2.5 gal clear tank to put on a 2013 300 if ya got one let me know. thanks

pm sent

bump

I want a 2.5 gallon for my 350RR.  The tank sizes on the Betas are funky.  2 gallons for 4 strokes and 2.5 for 2 strokes.  They should make all the bikes standard 2.5.  I liked my 2.75 on my KTM 2 stroke and never ran out of fuel with it during a race.  I have run out of gas with my 2 gallon 2008 Beta tank at an Enduro.  I would like the little extra to get me to the 50 mile minimum needed to make gas stops.  If anyone else wants to get rid of their 2014 or 2015 2.5 gallon tank let me know too.   

Edited by KX290F Pilot

i just bought a new one from get dirty. i think the 2.5 are hard to find because thier the right size or i hope. lol

i just bought a new one from get dirty. i think the 2.5 are hard to find because thier the right size or i hope. lol

Glad you found one.  If the one you gave me the link on does not pan out I ill have to order a new one from AB.

I want a 2.5 gallon for my 350RR.  The tank sizes on the Betas are funky.  2 gallons for 4 strokes and 2.5 for 2 strokes.  They should make all the bikes standard 2.5.  I liked my 2.75 on my KTM 2 stroke and never ran out of fuel with it during a race.  I have run out of gas with my 2 gallon 2008 Beta tank at an Enduro.  I would like the little extra to get me to the 50 mile minimum needed to make gas stops.  If anyone else wants to get rid of their 2014 or 2015 2.5 gallon tank let me know too.

That tank won't fit the 350 without some modification. I tried. I think it could be done but would decrease the capacity and may not be worth it. I'm thinking about doing it just so I can see the fuel level, black tanks are stupid.

That tank won't fit the 350 without some modification. I tried. I think it could be done but would decrease the capacity and may not be worth it. I'm thinking about doing it just so I can see the fuel level, black tanks are stupid.

I agree! I could never understand why someone would actually order a aftermarket tank in anything other than see through. What blows my mind is how wrapped up people get in the "looks" of their bikes. For me, it's all about function. Plastics and graphics get replaced when they start getting held together with zip ties.

Are the tanks on 4Ts and 2Ts interchangeable?

Are the tanks on 4Ts and 2Ts interchangeable?

The 2.0gal black tanks (stock on 4Ts and 2013 2Ts) are interchangeable, and the IMS 3.1gal tanks swap, but the 2.5gal translucent tank on the 2014+ 2Ts would need some persuasion (aka heat) to make it fit on a 4T.

The 2.0gal black tanks (stock on 4Ts and 2013 2Ts) are interchangeable, and the IMS 3.1gal tanks swap, but the 2.5gal translucent tank on the 2014+ 2Ts would need some persuasion (aka heat) to make it fit on a 4T.

is there anything that will fit on a 2014 520 RS bigger than the ims 3.1 tank?

i'm willing to fiddle with it as necessary....

i've got some long rides in mind, and some of them are gonna need

to put as close to six gallons as possible on the bike one way or the other....

I'm willing to bet you could squeeze the Clarke tank on and use a long bolt/rubber spacer for the rear mount. For spare fuel I suggest a fuel sack like me. Tank and 6 liter tree hugger sack is good for an easy 200 miles. I squeezed 220 to bone dry. Mixture of fire roads and 80 mph freeway. 14/48 gearing.

I'm willing to bet you could squeeze the Clarke tank on and use a long bolt/rubber spacer for the rear mount. For spare fuel I suggest a fuel sack like me. Tank and 6 liter tree hugger sack is good for an easy 200 miles. I squeezed 220 to bone dry. Mixture of fire roads and 80 mph freeway. 14/48 gearing.

who makes this tree hugger fuel sack you are referring to?

i'm looking at the rear subframe, and wondering how much

weight you can hang off it and the factory rack before things

start getting tweaked....

Edited by FulThrotl

who makes this tree hugger fuel sack you are referring to?

It's an MSR. I got mine at REI. But any good camp store or Amazon will have them. They come in different sizes. The 6 liter is perfect for strapping to the rear fender. Make sure you get the black heavy duty one. Crash tested. Very durable. You can even stuff it in your backpack

http://www.amazon.com/MSR-Dromedary-Handle-Liter-Black/dp/B000FIU2T6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409831254&sr=8-1&keywords=msr+water+bag

100_2999-1.jpg