wont idle, fuel coming out of overflow

Hey i have a 99 cr250. I just put new seals on my exhaust and the damn thing wont idle anymore unless the choke is on. It runs good and revs good but will not hold idle, plus it has fuel coming out ofthe over flow. Carbs arent my strong point but i cleaned it this spring and have rode it lots and now im having issues. Any advice

Remove float bowl

Remove pilot jet and float and float needle

Replace with new pilot jet and float needle

Clean and polish the passage that the float needle slides into really well

That a fairly easy job or a pain

That a fairly easy job or a pain

I don't know how to answer that. 

Fairly easy. Tricky bit is getting carb out. Raising the sub frame will make the job easy. Just be aware that the screws on the float bowl are soft and the heads strip easy.

Fairly easy. Tricky bit is getting carb out. Raising the sub frame will make the job easy. Just be aware that the screws on the float bowl are soft and the heads strip easy.

Use correct screwdriver - maybe a JIS (NOT Phillips head, but looks similar).

Also, you can sometimes do a quick clean out of carb without removing from bike.  Just rotate to access bottom.  Best if bike is very clean.

Thanks guys I tinkered with her a but and got her running like a top. Destroyed the track this weekend

You might want to add Seafoam to the next few tanks of gas to clean out the carb.  That stuff works wonders.