starts then stalls

Whats up guys. My 2011 450 is acting up. This weekend it got hard to start cold. Exhaust valves were a little tight, adjusted them but im still having an issue. It will start for 1-2 seconds then die. I go through this a few times and when I give it gas right when it starts to fire up it will finally run, but usually only when I give it gas to help get it started. I checked codes and got nothing. tps is in spec. Cleaned my fuel filter today, going to clean the injector tomorrow. I have about 18 hours on the spark plug and piston. Any insight? I was thinking of buying a new plug also.

Check the connection on the fuel pump/wiring loom, also the one on the airbox

Whats up guys. My 2011 450 is acting up. This weekend it got hard to start cold. Exhaust valves were a little tight, adjusted them but im still having an issue. It will start for 1-2 seconds then die. I go through this a few times and when I give it gas right when it starts to fire up it will finally run, but usually only when I give it gas to help get it started. I checked codes and got nothing. tps is in spec. Cleaned my fuel filter today, going to clean the injector tomorrow. I have about 18 hours on the spark plug and piston. Any insight? I was thinking of buying a new plug also.

It sounds miniscule change the sparkplug theye take a beating the stresses you guys run them bikes hard plugs always get over looked even for a piece of mind change it could also be that simple.

I was messing with the tps again today, and now it threw a code for it. I tried adjusting it and only got .3 volts closed throttle, and .7 volts at wot. So im leaning towards a bad tps and it was just an intermittent problem before. Anyone else ever have a tps go bad on these bikes?

I had one of these bikes try to start but couldn't start. Turned out to be a bad stator. These bikes also can be hard on timing chains for some reason.

I had one of these bikes try to start but couldn't start. Turned out to be a bad stator. These bikes also can be hard on timing chains for some reason.

I change mine every piston change and usually find that they are starting to wear and kink, but it doesnt sound like a timing issue to me. 

Well boys I think im onto something. Found a wire that rubbed through on the steering stem coming out of the ecu. This wire was going to the ect sensor, so that will definitely cause a running issue with a lot of resistance in that wire. But I still didn't get any good readings from my tps, so that is on order. Im thinking after fixing the wire and a new tps should fix me right up. Ill keep you all updated.