CR 250

My 04 CR250R two stroke seams really easy to kick over. I don't have a compression tester. Does anyone know what the compression is supposed to be on this two stroke?

Around 185-210 psi should be about normal if it's stock

Just did a fresh top end. Got 195psi. All stock gaskets with a Vertex piston and no Porting or head mods. Using a craftsman compression tester.

Thanks guys. I'm going to buy a compression tester and see what it reads. How many times do u kick it over to get a accurate reading?

Kick untill it stops going up. Hold in your kill button while you kick it. Will help prevent damage to the ignition system.

Kick untill it stops going up. Hold in your kill button while you kick it. Will help prevent damage to the ignition system.

thats good to know! Thanks for the tip

Also while holding your kill switch, hold the throttle WIDE OPEN while kicking. You will see the needle rising faster when you hold the throttle open, and it will take fewer kicks to reach max. pressure.

Also while holding your kill switch, hold the throttle WIDE OPEN while kicking. You will see the needle rising faster when you hold the throttle open, and it will take fewer kicks to reach max. pressure.

ok thanks for the tips