Dual headlight SM

This was the first version.  Projector housings inside the Dual Dominator housings.

2 different style projectors.

DRZ%25202-5-12%2520sm.jpg

Last spring i updated the look of the bike and installed Bi-Xenon projector HID lamps with a Buell style screen

This set-up works great, lots of wide pattern light and plenty of high beam.  Both lamps work together on low or high.  

IMAG3404c.jpg

There are also LED halos inside each housing.

DRZ%2520FEB%25202014%25205.jpg

• Like 2

Rad, your bike is my favorite one on the site! I've gotta white 08 I'm playing around with. Got a Buell XB light I'm gonna mount up soon. We need to talk wheels to.....

Thanks...

My bike had a Cyclops light on it when i bought it and these bikes are just easy to change up as you see fit.  If it was a Ducati or some high end bike, i would not dive into making this many modifications, but hey, this is just a dirt bike anyway so who cares...  play with it and mod it to make it what you want.  The DRZ is a fun bike to play with.  

You can do searches on "hooligan mod" or "CBR wheels" to find out more about the alloy wheels that people have installed.

Have fun and remember to post up some photos of the new light... ?

Edited by Radtech

Rad, your bike is my favorite one on the site! I've gotta white 08 I'm playing around with. Got a Buell XB light I'm gonna mount up soon. We need to talk wheels to.....

KTM makes a set of 17" tubeless supermoto wheels (possibly a 16.5 front). Rear is direct fit, 20mm axle. Front takes some doing, as you need bushing spacers for the DRZ 20mm axle, and a rotor adapter. You also need a KTM speedo setup or a trailtech for KTM.

As for the wheels themselves, they are tubeless because they have a special lip on the inside between the safety bead and the "canyon" of the rim where nipples come through, and it uses a large thick rubber band that seals against in that lip, and thus seals the nipple holes. Pretty simple and ingenuous. It's like that DIY taping option that people use, but taken to the next level and built into the rim.

If you look at this thread from SMJ forums, the first photo, you can see the special ridge on the rubber band > http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?108279-New-tubeless-option-From-KTM

That said, it might be possible to just order the rims, and then get aftermarket hubs. RAD Mfg makes a front and rear hub w/ 20mm axle for KTM, then you would just need the rotor adapter and the speedo setup.

Sorry for threadjacking, back to Dual Lights!