Sign in to follow this  

2013 250SX-F more bottom end

Anyone have any tricks to get a little ore bottom end out of the 250 ? Mapping, cam? Thanks

Mapping helps a little on part throttle , Derek Harris head mods help a little , not tried a cam but I know the big bite adds a bunch if it's legal for you , pipes add very little if anything , I've heard aftermarket ignition cam add some but not tested it

See my dynos on previous thread on the 250 and 350

Edited by mog

Actually, the gearing helped a lot. I use 13/50 and its brilliant.

I also found my TPS was way off, so I fixed that recently as well.

What symptoms were showing with a off tps?

What symptoms were showing with a off tps?

Sorry for my delayed response…

Umm, backfiring was the main symptom. It also didn't want to idle at all. It would go up and down on its own, sometimes stalling as well. So I took the throttle body out, cleaned the piss out of it, cleaned the injector AND then checked the TPS. It was WAY the F off, I mean its suppose to read 5v when fully open and it only read 3.8v all the way open. Umm… talk about a fail!

Bike runs WAY better, night and day, so much happier. ;)

People often find 5.6 is the best setting from what I've read

Hmm sounds like I got my numbers wrong , there is a setting that works better than ktms but I can't remember exactly

Yep, thats at idle. I should re-check mine to see if I'm close to that now that its gone through a few heat cycles. :)

How are you checking the TPS? I have tried with paper clips and a meter but I don't really trust it.

Easy… multimeter inside the connector that comes out of the TPS itself. Simply set the meter to ohms and slowly turn the throttle and watch the meter. If it gradually changes resistance, then you're probably OK. If it has spikes in it, if the resistance jumps up or down, then the TPS is bad and needs to be replaced. In terms of setting it's position, I'd simply install it back where it belongs and then make very small adjustments, enriching the mixture (you'll hear the idle increase). I'm talking about 1mm of change, nothing really crazy. It does help substantially with the power delivery I've found.

• Like 1

Anyone have any tricks to get a little ore bottom end out of the 250 ? Mapping, cam? Thanks

Hot cams is about to start production (sometime Feb) stage 1 , stage 2 and stage 3  for 2013-15 250sxf. Stage 1 will be low to mid range adding about 8% in hp and torque without taking away from the top (that's what they say) total price $435. They do recommend a remap. So then if you go through tokyo mods and buy cams through them they will flash and remap your ECU for 50% off (checkout their website).