2005 YZ250F valve seat replacement

I just bought a used 2005 YZ250F which would idle. On closed investigation the middle inlet valve has been replaced with a larger valve from another bike due to the valve seat being worn through.

Can these valve seats be replaced and if so where can I purchase them!

Please help as I am not a mechanic.

this is not somthing you can easly do yourself.  you need to send the head out.  Travis at Thumper Racing does a ton of heads and does really good motor work.  661-424-1800.

How do you know it was replaced?  Did you take the valve off and measure it / see the valve seat was worn, or are you just saying this because it visually looks bigger than the other intake valves?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now