Drz 440?

Hey guys new to the forum here. I recently bought a 2004 drz cylinder works 440 with stroker kit and hot cams. This bike is completely new to me and I love it so far.

My question to you is, how can I find out if these mods are accurate without taking it apart? Is their some sort of measurement I can take to the cylinder? Maybe a 0-60 time?

The guy had no receipts but I can defiantly tell it's not stock. I question the stroker kit to be honest.

Stroker motors can have a Spacer between the Cylinder and the crankcase .

I doubt it's a stroker from what you describe , you can remove the valve cover and inspect the cams .

What exhaust and Carb does it have ?

Its not a 440 if its a stroker. Three stroke options available +2,+4,+5mm. The 2 and 4 do not need spacer plates under the cylinder. The 5mm does. A 94mm bore with reg crank makes it a 434. The addition of a +4 crank makes it a 462. If PO claims its a 440 it does not have a stroker crank.

Here's what he sent me

One previous owner and it was a family friend who never rode. I did a lot of work to it since bought.I have cylinder works 440 kit, white brothers cams, titanium valves and new tm-chain, hot rods bottom end(stroked) puts it around 468cc, 39mm carb stage 2 fmf jets, has twin quick remove air filter, 3x3 mod, had yoshi duals which were stolen so has gutted pipe of 08, polished swing arm, 08 rear shock resprung for 225, wrks connection links, wrks connection for springs set at 225 also, vapor speedo I'm about to put on, clear front and rear led signals, drg tinted led brake light, bran new warp 9 rims, titanium spikes, anodized blue spoke nuts, supreme hubs, over sized front wave rotor, caliper extender, rear wave rotor, WBC H supermoto pads, sprockets and chain 2 months old,heated grips, also have off road rims and tires with stock sprocket and rotors,and another set of dot nobbies. Between building engine and wheels alone I put 5 k in past 2 months.

Its not a 440 if its a stroker. Three stroke options available +2,+4,+5mm. The 2 and 4 do not need spacer plates under the cylinder. The 5mm does. A 94mm bore with reg crank makes it a 434. The addition of a +4 crank makes it a 462. If PO claims its a 440 it does not have a stroker crank.

So what would the displacement of a stock bore yield with a 4mm stroked crank?

So what would the displacement of a stock bore yield with a 4mm stroked crank?

About 424cc

Well the top end casting looks fresher then the rest of the engine so odds are its defiantly bb.

Well the top end casting looks fresher then the rest of the engine so odds are its defiantly bb.

A replacement cylinder of the same cc could still look newer than the rest of the engine, couldn't it?

The oem cylinders have Suzuki molded into it. As does Athena.  have not seen a CW casting mark on one yet so it may be plain.

A plus 4 stroke 4 bore will not be externally different like mine, a plus 5mm stroker has a spacer sometimes under the barrel which is 2.5mm thick, or a shorter piston to compensate (which wont show up externally), a plus 4/4 will pick the front up in third easily with a bit of clutch, and will do way beyond 160km/h - 100mph with tall gearing, it is a completely different animal, go to a dealer and test ride a standard one, or an early e model, the difference between those and yours will be pronounced, if it was put together right, the standard barrel is stamped Suzuki, and anthena has brand marking, other brands will be plain.

Well no stamps so that's a good sign. I'm not that good at wheelies yet so I wouldn't know. No spacers that I can see. If it is stroked it's internal. Kind of sucks not knowing. It is geared really high and I have tried a top speed run and pussied out because it's not exactly the most arodynamic bike at fast speeds.

If it was a stroker it would be easy to wheelie .

Take the tank off, plug out, stick a clean straw or something long enough to reach the piston and have 80mm or so left, remove the centre cap from the stator cover, put a socket on the flywheel nut , turn clockwise from the left side (to avoid loosening off nut), measure the difference between the upper and lower limit, 66.6 will be a +4mm stroker, 62.6 will be stock, as for the bore, Im not sure.

Yes that is an awesome idea will do! Thank you.