Sign in to follow this  

Attention Rekluse Owners who upgraded from the EXP 3.0 to Core EXP 3.0

Im not sure who this might have affected but I own a 2013 500EXC and I initially installed the EXP 3.0 and a month later I upgraded to the Core Exp 3.0. While performing the upgrade the instructions have you reuse the steel lining plate which sits directly under the pressure plate. So if this sounds familiar you might wanna inspect your lining plate and pressure plate for any damage. My lining plate has tangs that are about half the size of the slots on the pressure plate that they sit in. Its a very sloppy fit and it had me thinking something wasnt right at first but I just followed the directions and put it in. After 1.5 months of riding on and offroad I decided to inspect the components and I found my tangs on the lining plate bent and grooves forming on the pressure plate slots. I called Rekluse on Monday and explained everything to them and sent them pictures and about 3 hours later they emailed me and asked for my shipping address and that they were gonna send me the correct lining plate along with a replacement pressure plate. If you look on their website and watch the Core EXP 3.0 install video for DDS style clutches and fast forward to the lining plate install part you will see a different lining plate, one with tangs that perfectly mesh into the pressure plate slots. I asked the Rekluse Rep if this was a problem arising because I don't think I could be the only one, but he said he never heard of this problem. But he did say as of June changes were made to the kits and I just so happened to have installed mine at the end of May. So Im guessing R&D thought they could get away with people reusing the lining plate but IDK. Well Im not here to bash Rekluse because the product is amazing and the customer service and tech support are top notch!!! Just wanted to share some info. photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

What happened to the original thread?  A number of people were following to see the resolution.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Sure confused me as to what was going on.

--Bill.  :)

What happened to the original thread?  A number of people were following to see the resolution.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Sure confused me as to what was going on.

--Bill.  :)

Ya sorry about that I figured making this separate post would help make sure this info didnt go unnoticed. The bike is running better than ever now. Did u see Rekluses new Torque Drive kit? they allow you to use thinner frictions and steels to have like 12 of each instead of 7 or 8 of each stock plates, looks interesting. I wonder if these could drop in with the CORE EXP setup.

Seems the Core is OK on the 500. Once again I disagree with Rekluse on setups and run the heavy wedges only on the 500 versus the medium in conjunction with the 280 lb Bellevile spring. The 450 seems OK with the stock unit and medium wedges.

I now have a spare basket so I'm going to take it down to the clutch shop (I'm part owner) and modify it for an extra friction. Can't hurt. I suspect the Torque drive "might" be slightly more susceptible to warping if one did overheat it which I don't think would be nearly as likely as stock. The advantage I see is much more swept area which would help in high horsepower applications or for riding in sand and such.