IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Can't start after xcrw 530 after changing wiring harness and starter switch :(

When I recently got my bike last week, the previous owner said the E-start was intermittent and thought it was the switch.

I got the bike to start once with the E-starter button after multiple attempts, but after fiddling with it I had no more success.

I bought a brand new wiring harness and brand new starter switch and replaced the old ones, yet I am still not getting any starting success from the new E-start switch (it kicks over though) or wiring harness. I even tried it out on a different 12v battery from my other bike, but that didn't seem to help.

Let me know if any of you gentleman have heard of this problem or have any ideas or possible solutions to what it may be. I would really like to be able to start it with E-starter. (I checked the whole harness and fuses to the best of my ability, but could not find any culprits of the issue) :(

Thanks again guys and would appreciate any possible ideas.

So the motor spins over with the electric starter but won't start? And it stats fine with the kick starter?

I had a similar intermittent starting issue with my '07 525 recently.

The starter would only work with the bars turned all the way to the right.  The problem turned out to be a broken wire in the harness where it goes past the steering stem.

You mentioned replacing the wiring harness but did you replace that piece?

I had a similar intermittent starting issue with my '07 525 recently.

The starter would only work with the bars turned all the way to the right.  The problem turned out to be a broken wire in the harness where it goes past the steering stem.

You mentioned replacing the wiring harness but did you replace that piece?

Yeah that was the part that was broken and I replaced it.

It turned out I just had a blown fuse  :facepalm:

Glad thats all it was!