S.Steel oil filter, what is the difference !

Same brand, same "Swiss stainless steel" filters but 5x price  :thinking:

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/aftermarket/XP-4717808.html

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/aftermarket/XP-4717807.html

Any idea ??

I would like to go on with SS oilfilters which I use on my prev. bike. I don't think I will have any problem. It is easy to keep&clean 1 filter instead of buying a new one on each oil change. I change it ~3000km (~1800 miles). And oil filtres are a little expensive around here. 

And any SS oil filter suggestion? 

Probably a typo in the description, the $5 one is likely paper and $25 SS. My recommendation is to stick with paper filters... you can buy a bulk pack on eBay or Amazon to save money.

The difference between a stainless filter and a paper/composite filter is over 30 micron.

A good disposable filter can be as efficient as 97% at 20 micron, first pass. Filters become more efficient as they are used, but that is too big a topic for this post.

A stainless screen will only remove particles larger than 60 micron.

Ground cement is 98% passing a 30 micron mesh, so basically a stainless filter will let ground cement pass no problem.

I would run no oil filter instead of that thing. Save even more money..

The difference between a stainless filter and a paper/composite filter is over 30 micron.

A good disposable filter can be as efficient as 97% at 20 micron, first pass. Filters become more efficient as they are used, but that is too big a topic for this post.

Ground cement is 98% passing a 30 micron mesh, so basically a stainless filter will let ground cement pass no problem.

That's always been my thought. There's no way a SS filter can clean as well as a paper filter. I buy mine off rocky mountain when they have clearance. They are like $2 each and I just buy a bunch.

NO... but as you say, thats for another post

That's always been my thought. There's no way a SS filter can clean as well as a paper filter. I buy mine off rocky mountain when they have clearance. They are like $2 each and I just buy a bunch.

The K&N 139 can be had on EBay for $5.49 each SHIPPED.

NO... but as you say, thats for another post

Let me buy you lunch, Mr Marquez.  

The Bob's oil forum gurus say no the stainless filters.

You guys run Ground Cement as an additive? lol

The K&N 139 can be had on EBay for $5.49 each SHIPPED.

And your point is? Why would I buy one for $5.49 when I can get one for ~$2?

And your point is? Why would I buy one for $5.49 when I can get one for ~$2?

Forgot what my point was. Maybe just another option. Wasn't trying to disagree or anything.

Edited by Bermudacat

You guys run Ground Cement as an additive? lol

It's a benchmark for particle sizing. That dust in the air in construction zones; guess what? :jawdrop: