Sign in to follow this  

It's 2014, so loctite/mcct/valve-checks don't matter anymore

Since it's 14 years after the drz first started being produced, and your bike is brand new, it's immune to common failure points. It has a warrantee, afterall. 

Previously 'loctite fixed' bikes need not apply.

Previously owned (used) bikes need not apply.

This is for -new- machines that haven't been touched besides changing the oil/fluids and then going out for wheelies. 

If you do the loctite fixes, stator fixes, free power mod, MCCT, or any of the FAQ section, the bike is no longer eligible to be included. This is only for folks that want to ride and believe that Suzuki updated -anything- on the drz. 

Post your new bike along with year and milage. Check in every 10,000 miles or so, and let us know how it goes. 

any takers ? 
  • Like 3

2013 S, 1200 miles (90% offroad miles) none of the "fixes" done. 

I'll see what happens. 

Edited by k4f5x0r
  • Like 1

2 things. Nobody thinks their bike is immune. :) C'mon.

Second, the acct HAS been updated.

Edited by JFM43

2012 DRZ-S. 8000 miles. 50/50 on road, off.

Mods, but no "fixes".

Edited by JFM43
  • Like 1

2013 sm 6k miles no "fixes" (yet) and bike still runs like a top

Edited by MtnRyder25
  • Like 1

Since it's 14 years after the drz first started being produced, and your bike is brand new, it's immune to common failure points. It has a warrantee, afterall. 

Previously 'loctite fixed' bikes need not apply.

Previously owned (used) bikes need not apply.

This is for -new- machines that haven't been touched besides changing the oil/fluids and then going out for wheelies. 

If you do the loctite fixes, stator fixes, free power mod, MCCT, or any of the FAQ section, the bike is no longer eligible to be included. This is only for folks that want to ride and believe that Suzuki updated -anything- on the drz. 

Post your new bike along with year and milage. Check in every 10,000 miles or so, and let us know how it goes. 

any takers ? 

i didnt do any loc tite fixes on my 50,000 mile 07 sm engine..just took it apart..every bolt was tight, and had to be snapped loose (stator..flywheel)

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 4

Here's my 2002 DRZ400S (still in 1 piece).

Owned since day 1, ridden like I stole it on/off road.

Original stator / Original ACCT.

No loctite - No free power mod / etc...

But certainly would use loctite on critical parts if / when dis-assembled.

'Happy Trails' :)

Edited by billdirt1
  • Like 2

2014 s no fixes 800 miles and going. none of the "fixes" done. like billdirt1 said 

certainly would use loctite on critical parts if / when dis-assembled.

Edited by ripping r
  • Like 1

If it fails mine will be the one to fail. My 2013 sees plenty of track use. I have about 3000 miles on it so far.

great, this is going to work afterall. 

billdirt1, would you include a milage please  ? 

• Like 1

2007 sm, 7800 miles, lots of mods(no engine mods), most of the fixes (just this past 800 miles).  When I did stator loctite fix the bolts were like finger tight.  Barely in there.

great, this is going to work afterall.

billdirt1, would you include a milage please ?

I knew that question was coming.....my digital dash broke years ago so I removed it from the bike. But it's up there.
  • Like 2

When i did me loctite fixes on me 07,   the 6 bigger bolts (magneto) were very tight,  but the 3 smaller black bolts that hold on the stator were so loose,  i barely put the allen wrench in there and they came out real easy,  they were not torqued down at all,  im very glad i did it. 

• Like 6

I broke a starter clutch bolt off when doing the loctite fixes. The other 5 have loctite and are in good shape.

Ride with 5 or drill and tap the broken one?

Mind you the broken one has red loctite on it too...... probably not coming out with a left hand drill bit or easy out

06 sm 25,000+ miles. No fixes. I do check my valves every couple thousand miles but have yet to need to adjust them.

'08 SM - almost 26K miles. Plenty of mods. 

No "fixes" except the countershaft sprocket one this last time I changed it

No valve checks.

Still on original ACCT

I need a new carb but that is not the fault of Suzuki.

Engine Mods - 

3x3, JD jetting, Full Ti exhaust, 455 big bore, rebuilt head (at 25k), ACT gear set.

I broke a starter clutch bolt off when doing the loctite fixes. The other 5 have loctite and are in good shape.

Ride with 5 or drill and tap the broken one?

Mind you the broken one has red loctite on it too...... probably not coming out with a left hand drill bit or easy out

Heat broken bit as per manufacturers recommendation and use a left hand drill bit.. Broken bit of fastener will back right out.