street legal yz450f 2011

what would i have to do to make my 2011 yz450f street legal in ohio i know i can buy the baha kit but it doesn't come with a stator. if i bought everything separate would it be cheaper and what size stator would i need.  

Grey does the stock stator need a floated ground to work? I bought an HD stator for my 06 and they had to float the ground to get the to get it to power the lights and stuff. I just got 06 YZ450 street legal in PA and I needed DOT tires, lights with a horn, speedo and chain guard. Then I needed to get it inspected and then send the paperwork out for a new title with the plate.

I found this for Ohio so it doesn't look too bad and I would call the DOT to get the paperwork details cause I'm not coming up with much for the actual process you need to go through cause they could make you go though what I did or like some other states you can just walk into a tag place and ask for a plate.

eadlight (high and low beam with high beam indicator), tail light, brake light, and license plate light should all operate off of the battery, front and rear turn signals, speedometer with a non-resettable odometer, horn, dot approved tires. http://www.electrosport.com/technical-resources/technical-articles/state-requirements-street-legal-dual-sport-conversion

not to hi jack your post but grey does my 04 450 need a different stator for lighting?  I assume the 11 does not because its fuel injected and mine will because it is not?

Grey does the stock stator need a floated ground to work? I bought an HD stator for my 06 and they had to float the ground to get the to get it to power the lights and stuff.

You guys are both asking about a completely different electrical system.  No pre-EFI YZ450 stock stator has any ability to power any additional equipment whatsoever, and to date, there's no reliable aftermarket stators (good luck with yours, though, Scott).

The '10+ models are totally different.  The entire system runs off of DC current (has a rectifier/regulator), and about 140w of power.

You guys are both asking about a completely different electrical system.  No pre-EFI YZ450 stock stator has any ability to power any additional equipment whatsoever, and to date, there's no reliable aftermarket stators (good luck with yours, though, Scott).

The '10+ models are totally different.  The entire system runs off of DC current (has a rectifier/regulator), and about 140w of power.

I wasn't asking about mine but wasn't sure for his if he needed a higher capacity stator and or if it needed a floated ground to power accessories. He can power a lot of stuff with 140 watts worth of power.

The bike needs that much capacity in order to power the fuel pump at kicking speeds.  Once it's running, there's nowhere near a 140w demand on the system.

Ok and I was wondering how that would work for kicking it over since my raptor 700 I had you would have to wait for the fuel pump to prime before you hit the start button.