Sign in to follow this  

TXC310R motor mods? Need more power.

I have a 2013 TXC310R.  Without going into all the details, bike has full FMF exhaust (Powercore 4 & power bomb header), with race map.  I run VP T4 100 octane race gas, and bumped the rear sprocket up one tooth (51T).  I got the TXC intake without the screen.

And while the bike is much better than stock, I ride in a very sandy conditions and I still feel the bike is down in the power department.  This is not a problem in tight single track or deep woods, but anytime the terrain opens up, I just feel like I am going so slow and the sand just seems to bog down the motor.  It seems there is this decent mid range rush, but as quickly as it comes, it goes away.

My previous bike was a modified YZ250 with high compression piston and aftermarket exhaust, and probably has a good 10hp on this bike (or at least that is how it feels).  You could just hang onto the gear your in and just keep pouring on the power.

I know I will never get that kind of power out of the 310, but beyond what I have already done is there any affordable power mod that I have overlooked?

Please no suspension first responses...bike already has complete factory connection suspension custom valved.

Edited by 95jersey

So, I found that Zip Ty, Halls, and Pro Circuit all do head porting for the TXC310.  For some reason Zip Ty is twice the price of the other two.  Are there any compelling reason to pick one over the other?

So, I found that Zip Ty, Halls, and Pro Circuit all do head porting for the TXC310.  For some reason Zip Ty is twice the price of the other two.  Are there any compelling reason to pick one over the other?

Did they confirm that a 5hp gain can be expected ? That is what ZT said I could expect from my 310

They did not want to quote HP. But said it was a noticeable gain especially in bottom end torque.

Also I misstated pro circuits price. They want $550.

It is still cheaper than an exhaust and probably more gains.

Go over the Cafehusky and see robertacio's reports on the Zip ty motor mods they did to his 13 310. Turned the bike into a real ripper and most of the gains came from the porting and ecu mapping. He said the exhaust added little to nothing. That site will be a much better source. Keep us updated. Someday I am going to get another 310 redhead. That is a awesome platform with so much upside potential

Go over the Cafehusky and see robertacio's reports on the Zip ty motor mods they did to his 13 310. Turned the bike into a real ripper and most of the gains came from the porting and ecu mapping. He said the exhaust added little to nothing. That site will be a much better source. Keep us updated. Someday I am going to get another 310 redhead. That is a awesome platform with so much upside potential

I am on that forum as well, but could not find his post.  You have a link?

Jersey- Additional check this--- I was riding and racing this thing since last december after the rebuild, and now after processing all my stalls and some frustrations...I believe that this was a real issue that I never even though about until the new owner really exposed the issue. I had even adjusted my throttle control to keep her from stalling on chop throttle moments during races. (think fresh/ cleaned injector or posible partial clog/bad spray pattern loss of power)

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/2013-txc310r-fyi-troubleshooting-evolution.43437/